Thursday, November 27, 2014

Days 26 A long drive!

My day started at 12:30am! We left for a 14 hour drive South to Biloxi, Mississippi to see my oldest son Austin. I agreed to start the drive while the boys watched movies & slept. I drank 3 cups of coffee &  a premade vanilla shake to get me through the first 4 hours & I was so excited to see Audi, I couldn't sleep anyway. I packed lots of water & veggies IP BBQ crisps & a sliced PB BAR for the the long drive. We stopped along the way for snacks & sandwiches for the boys, I was strong & stuck to veggies. After 5 bathroom stops, 6 movies, 7 cups of fresh veggies & lots of Christmas music we made it to Biloxi. I was exhausted, but couldn't wait to see Austin & catch up. 
     Since we were on the gulf we wanted some fresh seafood. We went to Half Shell a local restaurant & it was amazing. I had bacon wrapped scallops, asparagus & broccoli with unsweetened tea. The rest of the family ate Po Boys & seafood. We had a wonderful time! It makes me so proud to see my son turning into a polite grown young man. The military has definately made some changes for the better for Austin. 
     After dinner we sat around the pool, played cards & caught up. I faded fast as I only had 3 hours of sleep the night before. 
     The drive was long but so worth seeing my son! I'm happy I prepped & didn't cave into all the snacks the boys ate along the way! I've made up my mind that I'm sticking to plan! 
-Dusty



     

No comments:

Post a Comment