Friday, November 28, 2014

Day 27:Happy Thanksgiving!

     Today is Thanksgiving & I couldn't be more happy & thankful to be where I am in life! I woke up at 6am to catch the sunrise on the beach. The boys all wanted to sleep in. I sat on a bench on the beach with my cup of hot coffee. I sat there for 30 minutes anxiously waiting & taking in my surroundings. I thought to myself about ALL the wonderful blessings in my life. My kids, family, Robert, career, good health & that I'm truly happy. A few years ago I took some times, people & things for granted trying to find/search/chasing what I thought was happiness. After time & getting older I figured out that happiness wasn't at all about "things"! I've learned that it's about memories, laughter, happiness & love with the ones I care about. It doesn't matter what kind of car I drive, house I live in or designer clothes/shoes/purse I have. A few years ago I quickly found out that without my boys, family & someone to love or love me I had nothing. The time was 6:31 & the sun began to peek over the gulf & after about 20 seconds the sun was shining & for the first time in my life I watched the sunrise, it was beautiful! 
     When I got back to the room I had a peach mango shake & another cup of coffee. I read the paper & looked through the ads for Black Friday. After picking Austin up from the base we hung out at the beach for a majority of the day. It was sunny & 65* & perfect in so many ways! The boys snacked throughout the day & I ate some fresh cauliflower & cucumbers. 
     We decided to have Turkey dinner at the AF base. For the first time in my life I skipped stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy & most importantly pumpkin pie & whipped cream!!! I was so proud of myself!!! Dinner consisted of a big salad, turkey 1/2 cup of green beans, peas & carrots. For dessert I had a PB bar & cup of decaf. 
     After dinner we headed to the movie Hunger Games Mocking Jay part 1(2 thumbs up) The boys ate M&MS, sour patch kids & popcorn. I stayed strong & ate a bag of Non Reatricted BBQ soy nuts & drank water. It was a little difficult but I made it with no cheats! 
      Thanksgiving 2014 in Biloxi, Mississippi was a complete success! I went into today with the right mindset, I knew I could do it & I did :)! Thank you all for supporting me through this journey! 
-Dusty

Happy Thanksgiving

So tHaNkFul for my family!
Thanksgiving dinner at Keesler AFB. 
Mindset... Half the battle





     

No comments:

Post a Comment