Thursday, September 21, 2017

These are a few of my FAVORITE things...

In order for this healthy lifestyle to work we have to keep it  FUN and interesting.  If we always kept things boring and simple it would ultimately be hard to stick to something long term.  Don't get me wrong I love chicken and broccoli, but lets be honest we need variety over time, right?! Please tell me I am not alone in this! I thought it would be fun if I shared with you some of my favorite things...these are food/drink related items you will most likely see either in my grocery cart if you see me out and about, or at the office on my desk! 

 Cauliflower Rice Steamers are definitely a necessity for me.  Every time I am at Wal-Mart you will most likely see me loading up on them.  I find they're the cheapest at Wal-Mart if your looking to save $$$.  If your on Phase 1 of the Ideal Protein plan, this is the one I would recommend.  You can do so much with it.  Add it to your IP soups or make a large batch of chicken fried rice or cauliflower pizza crust!  These steamers make it so convenient! I recommend taking a few to work with you and having them in the freezer, it makes for an easy lunch or side dish with your protein!  
 Zoodles, make everything better! Have you seen these "short cuts" at your local Hy-vee? If you haven't you must ask your produce person! These are such a time saver and a great pasta alternative.  I am all about convenience + they are so FUN.  Of course you can also spiralize your own zucchini or yellow squash, but when your in a time crunch and need something quick, these are a life saver. 
 Have you checked out our new Marion location? It's not only a weight loss center,  but its also a coffee shop and protein bar! I love my re-usable mug and the drink options at this location are endless.  Lately, my go to has been the IP Approved Pumpkin Spice Latte or if your in the mood for a smoothie you can't go wrong with the IP Chocolate Pudding mixed with spinach + SF (Sugar Free) Chocolate Syrup or SF Peanut Butter.  You can purchase these insulated mugs at any of our locations for $16.99!
 If your in maintenance, and your looking for a great snack idea you must try frozen grapes! I not only love how long it takes me to eat these, but they are very satisfying when craving something sweet.  Keep in mind (1) cup of grapes has 16g of carbs, so be mindful when snacking.  Make sure to portion them out, because its very easy to over eat them! You can thank me later! :) 
 Both of these goodies are constantly in my fridge.  Have you tried these Zevia drinks? So delicious! (Nikki one of my co-workers turned me on to these) My favorite flavor right now is the Ginger Root Beer.  Zevia is zero calories, NO sugar, NO artificial sweeteners, sweetened 100% by Stevia, clear in color, vegan, kosher, & gluten-FREE! This particular flavor doesn't have caffeine, but they do have caffeine options! I found these 16 oz. cans at Hy-Vee. 
Also those OH SNAP! Pickles are so perfect to throw in a cooler if your going out of town and need a healthy snack option or if your needing something quick and easy to snack on in between running errands or kids these are perfect! They have the dilly bites (see below) or also sell whole pickles.  This snack option is than 80 cents! You can find these pickles at Target, Wal-Mart, and some gas stations! 
English Cucumbers are my favorite and I try to always have some on hand.  I get it, life is busy, but being prepped and planned is so key in order for me to make good, healthy choices.  I had a meeting the other day at one of our other locations, so lunch was on the go!

I will end this blog post with a quote...

Everyday is a gift and I feel so thankful to be able to live this life. <3
Until next time, 
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment