Tuesday, October 24, 2017

THE JOURNEY

In the spring of 2016, I had to do the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life.  I told my son that his best friend was gone.  I held him in the hospital room while he sobbed in anguish at the sight of his “brother” lying lifeless in the bed, machines pumping blood into his organs while we awaited the transplant team.  I could not talk, could not breath, and every part of my body ached with grief.  A week later I stood in front of a church, standing room only crowd, and spoke about a beautiful child that I considered my own. As I looked out into his mother’s eyes I see the depths of her pain and I wonder, how does one survive?   When looking back on my life, this will be a moment when there will most certainly be only one set of footprints in the sand.  
This tragedy sent me on a personal journey into my purpose.  Where have I been, where will I go next, how can any of this be worth it?  My faith was tested and I then walked away from the career that I had built.  I was now an unemployed, single mother.  WHAT THE HECK???  
Re-insert FAITH!  In the midst of the chaos and grief I had the most incredible feeling, PEACE.  Peace like that only comes from one place.  I had no clue where the road would lead and knew that it could be rocky.  But strength is built with challenge.  I had the challenge to figure out what was next and the God that would carry me through it.
I had some time and God needed to work on me.  I know with every ounce of my soul that losing weight can NOT create happiness.  What it created in me is a lifestyle that is healthy.  It taught me control over that which once controlled me.  It gave me the opportunity to enjoy fitness and find new challenges without pain or limits.  It gave me emotional stability and a network of people who have similar struggles.  It has lead me to a career that I love and people I would struggle to live without. Ideal Protein at Innovative Aesthetics was a God send.  

I now feel my purpose every time I sit down with someone and hear their story, their struggle, their victory and become part of their journey.

Image result for Footprints in the sand

1 comment:

  1. The recommended daily intake for protein is 10% -35% of daily calories, or about 0.8 grams per kilogram (2.2 pounds) of healthy adult weight. Usually a diet high in protein at least 35% of daily calories. This diet may also be based only on the amount of protein intake, usually in grams per day. Protein contains about 4 calories per gram. A high-protein diet for weight loss has been popular since the 60s. High-protein diets are also applied by bodybuilders and for certain medical conditions.
    http://bit.ly/2Ffxjg8

    ReplyDelete