Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2 of Phase 1 on Ideal Protein

Whew...I made it through day 2 :)  I am pretty excited.  It was not a easy task... I was not the only one with the idea of starting the new year out on the right foot.  If our floors were not carpet, I would have wore rollerskates to keep up today. My day started with Roberts (my husband) alarm going off at 5:15am.  I had intentions of getting up and going to the gym when he got up. Nope, I talked myself out of it and layed there for a half an hour and searched the web, checked emails and wondered if there would be a open eliptical at the YMCA available.  I finally decided to get up and I had myself a Blue-cran Granata Ideal Protein drink and off to the gym I went. I turned on my http://www.pandora.com to get me moving, Lady Gaga is a good one to get the blood flowing in the morning. I did a 30 minute easy round of cardio on the eliptical, I did not want to over do it. It is only my second day and I know this can be difficult. The gym was full with others that had a new healthy year in mind as well.
When I got home Robert had my coffee ready to press brew in my wonderful Keurig machine. I got a reusable keurig cup for Christmas from Santa and that way I can use Folgers and not pay a dollar a cup. http://www.keurig.com/ 
I grabbed my 3 baggies of veggies, pickles and journal from the fridge (convenience) and off to work I went.  
My morning was very busy, my lunch consisted of driving to the Z102.9 studios to record a New Years commercial for Innovative Aesthetics.  The staff at  http://kzia.com/ is amazing. They are always so helpful and very friendly.  Cucumbers, Green Peppers,24oz of water and a IP peanut butter bar was my lunch as I drove back to the office.
The afternoon was a bit of a whirlwind.  I love my job and I want to help as many people as possible get started on Ideal Protein before their motivation and determination wears out!
Around 6:45pm nausea kicked in along with a headache.  I drank a premade Mango and I started to feel a little better and I drank a big gulp of water with a little sea salt to help my aching head. Finally leaving the office at 7:45 to spend some time with my better half :)
My dinner was ready when I got home.  One of my favorites, it is easy, tastes good and it consists of lettuce (spinach) veggies (tomatoes) and Protein (eggs).

Baked Eggs with Spinach:
Ingredients:

  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 10 oz. fresh spinach
  • 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 2 Tbsp minced onion
  • 4 medium eggs
  • Salt and pepper
  • Paprika, sprinkle as garnish


  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • To a large skillet or saucepan, add the olive oil and saute the garlic for a minute, before adding the spinach. Toss the spinach around for a minute, then add the diced tomatoes. Toss together and then add the minced onion. Let simmer until most of the liquid has cooked off, about 5-7 minutes.
  • Place the sauteed spinach into an ovenproof, creating divets for the eggs. Crack 1 egg into each hole.
  • Bake the spinach and eggs for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until egg whites have turned white.
  • Once cooked, remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper and paprika.
I had a good day 2 of phase 1.  I have not weighed myself yet, even though I want to. I hope that anyone that is doing phase 1 has not given up yet. We can do this together. Let me know if you have any questions about my post.
 
"Today will never happen again. Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all." -Og Mandino
 
Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for blogging such detailed days. I just started and it is nice to read what you are eating and how you are feeling. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, Keep up the good work on the program! We are all proud of your success so far!

      See you next week :)
      ~Dusty

      Delete
  2. Good for you, Dusty, getting up and exercising, even though you had a late start! Awesome follow-through!

    ReplyDelete