Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 8 finished on Ideal Protein, 1st weigh in :)

Today was my first weigh in, 1 week of Ideal Protein was done.  I was a little nervous this morning, I didn't have anything to drink, no coffee, I emptied my bladder as much as possible and I took my earrings off :) as if that was going to make a difference?  Every ounce counts, right?  I weighed myself at 8am, the same time as last Tuesday and I had on the same clothes.  I starred at the scale for a moment and told it to be good to me!  The scale listened today! I was down 7.5 pounds and my body fat went from 30.9 to 28.7.  I sighed with relief, If I didn't lose I would have been so upset! At who, I don't know, probably Robert, sorry honey. I followed the diet 100% and I know this diet inside and out and I know every possible trick, recipe and all the rules.  I was very happy with my weight loss this week!  Throughout the week I had quite a few challenges but the brief craving or hunger pains that I had would not be worth the guilt that I would have felt towards my clients and myself.  How could I expect all of my clients to do this diet if I couldn't?  As I am often told that I haunt my clients, or they hear my voice telling them one of the many rules.  I pictured alot of you that rely on me and Linds everyday to help keep you on the straight and narrow. So thank you for holding me accountable as I hold you all accountable each week.  Remember "WE CAN DO THIS!"

I found this article today about getting in the right mindset for dieting. You have to be ready. There is nothing that I can say to make you readyy, its up to you.  https://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/weight_loss/losing_weight/cant_lose.htm 

After I weighed in, drank my morning cup of coffee, I drank a blueberry pudding as a drink.  I added the packet of IP Blueberry pudding, a dollop of Walden Farms Marshmallow cream, 10oz of water and some crushed ice to my shaker and I drank my breakfast.  *Remember that all of the puddings are NON restricted and can be made as a drink, pudding or you can freeze the pudding and have it as ice cream.  If you warm up the chocolate WF sauce and put it over the frozen vanilla pudding it is a hot fudge sundae.  YUMM.

Tuesday's I get off work early so I went home for lunch.  I had IP Mushroom soup with fresh mushrooms mixed in. I also had a mixed greens salad.  I finished a jar of SUGAR FREE Bread and Butter pickles yesterday.  I saved the juice for one of my favorite dressings. 

DUSTY's FAVORITE Dressing
Sugar free Bread and Butter Pickle juice
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Yellow Mustard

The jar of juice will be about 1/4-1/2 full.  Add Olive oil to juice and fill the jar to the top with yellow mustard.  I put this dressing on Salad, fish, chicken and pork.  If you like honey mustard you will love this recipe.
 After lunch I put on my old running shoes since it was soggy out and went for a 45 minute walk around my neighborhood.  It was about 43* today and it felt good to get some fresh air.  

While on my walk I was trying to figure out something easy for dinner.  Robert is also eating healthy and when I got home he was torturing himself and watching Man vs Food.  He said his mouth has never watered so much, I suggested he turn the channel. Nope, he liked the misery.

I went to www.pinterest.com and typed in Ideal Protein.  A few things came up first, I found a recipe for dinner http://andoverdietcenter.com/mustard-rosemary-chicken-skewers I had all the ingredients and I used my favorite dressing, rather than the mustard and olive oil that the recipe called for.  Robert made the skewers on the grill. We also had Spinach Salad and veggies.  I cut up some zucchini, sprayed it with olive oil, sprinkled it with Mrs Dash, 1/2 cup water in a 8x8 pan and covered it with foil.  It was on the grill for about 10 minutes. You can do this with any veggie, it is easy and tastes great.

While on Pinterest I also found a site that was pretty cool.  You can type in your pre weight, height, frame, bust, hair color, eye color, skin tone and more.  Then you put in your goal weight and it will show you how your going to look... If your interested the link is http://www.modelmydiet.com/ Of course it's not exact, but you will get a good idea. 

After dinner I had my favorite snack, Peanut butter bar.  I cut it up into about 15 little pieces and savored every bite:)  I also had some Sleepy Time teahttp://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/sleepytime-teas/sleepytime  My evening ended with a glass of water and horse pills, I mean Cal-Mag. I forgot how huge those things were...  

Today I felt great. Thank u to all my boys for putting up with me. Last weeks struggles made my weigh in today worth it.

“Your only limitations are those you set up in your mind, or permit others to set up for you.”
Og Mandino

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla





2 comments:

  1. Nice post! This is a very nice that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. dentists brampton

    ReplyDelete