Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Life as we know it... In Maintenence! :)

Hi all! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! This weekend was full of exciting things for my Family and I. We spent Saturday with my family in Des Moines at The Ramada Tropics Resort and it was so fun! It is geared towards all age groups. Link to resort. I highly recommend you visit here if you would like a quick get-a-way with your family. I was faced with many challenges like birthday cake and adult beverages, but I passed them up because I knew on Sunday Chad and I were going on a date and I wanted to be able to have my "cheats" then. I often say to my clients make it about the people and NOT about the food. And that is exactly what I did! I can't tell you how many times I ran my butt up the stairs to go down the slide to race my nieces and nephews! It was a blast! We decided to drive home that night because it is much easier to wake up at home, and who doesn't like there own beds! :) On the ride home I was STARVING!!! I packed many things for this mini-road trip and of course at that time non of those things sounded good. Chad, Being the man he is, would not let me stop and get anything. By the time we got home it was 10:30 and I opened the freezer and my options were either some grapes covered with Greek yogurt, or there was also some Ice Cream. Which was staring me right in the eye. I really really really wanted the ice cream, butttt I chose the grapes! They were fantastic and I didn't feel guilty! Sunday was a very busy day. I cleaned the house, the kids played with their cousins, and then Grandma watched Brodie so Chad and I could go on a date. Once a week we try and find time to ourselves. I believe that is important in a successful relationship, and as my dad always said communication is Key! Well we usually go to dinner, talk, talk and talk some more so I would say we have pretty good communication, Dad! I had been saving up my cheat day because I was craving Beer! I never crave beer. I have fully made the transition to vodka and water if I am going to have beverages, but for some odd reason I wanted to go to Granite City and have a hand crafted 2 pull Brew! So we went and didn't just have one, but Chad and I split a pitcher. I think I used my cheat day to the max! Beer has NO nutritional value, but yes indeed it did taste good. So i thoroughly enjoyed my cheat. :) Then we rented the movie 10 Years from Red box. It was pretty good, plus it had Channing Tatum in it who is just so darn cute! To top off my cheat day I had a PB cup. Those are my favorite things. I have finally gotten to the point that I can leave them in the house till my cheat day to enjoy ONE, not four like I used to. Monday rolled around and I was back on track. I ate healthy, went to the gym, got my hair done and got prepared for my work week which always begins on Tuesday. I am always excited to come back to work, I guess that is a good sign and that I truly love my job. On Monday I also made this soup in the crock pot for supper and it was delicious! I highly recommend it! I love spicy!
 
Chili Chicken Soup- phase 1-4, serves 4
Adapted from Cooking Light Spice blend:
2 1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
Soup:
Olive oil cooking spray
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt
1(32-ounce) carton fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1(28-ounce) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
Relish:
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1/2 tsp grated lime rind
Cilantro sprigs (optional)
To prepare spice blend, combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
To prepare soup, Spray a large nonstick saucepan with olive oil cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add chicken; sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons spice blend over chicken. Saute 8 minutes or until done; cool. Chop chicken; set aside.
Spray pan again with olive oil cooking spray and heat over medium heat; add celery, bell peppers, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Sprinkle vegetable mixture with remaining spice blend; saute 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in chicken, corn, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Add lime juice.
To prepare relish, combine chopped cilantro green onion and lime rind. Ladle 1 1/4 cups soup into bowls; top with 1/4 cup relish. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.

As for today the menu was...

Breakfast:
Steel Cut Oats
Blueberries
2 hard boiled eggs


















Snack:
Pure Protein Bar

Lunch:
Salad
Tuna
Tomatoes
Sliced Peppers
Walden Farms Raspberry Vinaigrette













Snack:
Almonds

Dinner:
Left Over Chili Chicken Soup

Post workout snack:
Kashi Cereal with Almond Milk (YUM)


I must share a picture of my Two most favorite people! The love they have for each other is Amazing. I couldn't be more blessed with two little lambs that were meant to find each other! Chad and I are LUCKY! These two help me make good decisions and strive to be better. <3

 I leave you with this! There are NO limits! I am not saying it is easy, but it will be worth it!
















XO,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment