Thursday, January 22, 2015

Moving through the phases and starting Farrell's

     It has officially 2 weeks since hitting my goal weight and losing 34 pounds.  My journey this time around on the Ideal Protein plan has been a little different.  In the past I wasn't mentally ready to make a lifestyle change.  I was "doing a diet" and when I got done I would go to some of my favorite things.  My problem has been that I go back to my favorite things and I eat my favorites to much and drink them to much.  It has been hard for me to find that middle point.  I can honestly say I feel the best mentally, physically and emotionally than I have in a long time or ever...
     I have control and I have figured out some of my faults. I'm dealing with them and staying ahead of the game.  It isn't always easy, but it has been so worth it!  I know that the glass of wine or cake ball is not going to help with whatever stressor I have in my life. It's not worth it to me to get off the straight and narrow. When I help clients get to their goal I recommend setting another goal.  I know that I had to set a goal of physical activity.  I love to work out but can't always find the time. My excuse is always I don't have time.  After realizing that the time is there I just need to utilize it properly.  I was given a 10 week session to Farrell's as a gift and the only time that would work for me was 5am.  I'm usually sound asleep and not up until at least 6. My next goal on this journey is to get some definition in my arms and tone my thighs.  I know it can be done. It is a little difficult to roll out of bed at 4am but I know that if I don't get up there are 40 other people in my class wondering where I am.  Maybe not 40 but at least 4 :)
     Right now I'm sticking with P2 of Ideal Protein.  I haven't had any alcohol, cake or chips and I'm fine without them at this point. I love having a plan and knowing what I can and can't eat. Work is extremely busy and eating a bag of veggie steamers and 8oz of chicken is very easy and satisfying. My coffee obsession remains and my daily goal of water is 100oz to flush some of the coffee! 
     As for anyone wanting to make a change and get on track with IP or back on track with the plan it is never to late. We are your biggest supporters and we WANT you to succeed more than you know. We really do care about you and want you to be healthy.  I know this program works and if you work the program you will see amazing results.
     My journey is far from being over and I will continue to blog and give tips and suggestions as to what I'm doing to stay on track and in control. Best of luck to you on your journey to good health!
~Dusty
   
My partner in crime :) Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Dusty,
    You should be so proud of yourself. You and Lindsay have been great inspirations and role models for me on my journey to get healthy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete