Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Life as we know it... In Maintenence! :)

Hi everyone! 
 
First, Here is one my favorite pictures! It is just so beautiful! It is from one of my many trips to the summer Farmers markets! This is typically what my cart looks like. What does yours look like?!?
 
I have a few recipes that I have been dying to share with you! I have made some pretty yummy things this past week and want you to all experience them as well. If you are ever curious about a recipe, but don't want to make it yourself please send it my way and I will give it a whirl! :) 

On Pinterest I love to find anything with grapefruit in the recipe. I was constantly seeing the recipe where you broil the grapefruit, but was very hesitant to try it. So this weekend I did it! The verdict....It was DELICIOUS! All you have to do is cut the grapefruit in half, sprinkle some splenda/brownsugar on top and broil for about 7-10 minutes. Watch it carefully so you don't over do it, but this was fabulous and quick!

My favorite Protein Shake...
  • 1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 1 Scoop Ideal Protein Vanilla
  • 1 Packet Splenda
  • 1/2 Small Banana
  • 1/2 Cup Blueberries
  • 1 Cup Ice
  • Sliced Almonds for Garnishing if you would like.
I have told you before,  I don't necessarily love blueberries, but in this shake it is my absolute favorite!

Brodie loves bananas so I am always thinking of new ways to feed them to him. So i tried making Banana Pancakes... (I love Jack Johnson and that song!) So i have posted it for you to listen to. When I cook I always have to have the music playing. I keep telling Chad how badly I want to see him in concert... soooo I hope he gets my hints :)))))
 
Banana Pancakes
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1 Large Banana
  •  Blueberries on top if you would like. YUM!

  • Mix and throw in skillet. I put a little coconut oil down first so it wouldn't stick.
    I added some berries on top and a little Walden Farms Syrup.
    I loved them and Brodie devoured them! So I think that means he loved them too!

    Today I have prepared a noodle-less lasagna... So when I get home we can throw it in the oven and enjoy.

    Lindsay's Lasagna

    Ingredients

    3 large Zucchini(thinly sliced)
    3 large summer squash(thinly sliced)
    1 large green and red bell pepper(thinly sliced)
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    Garlic powder
    1 container fat free cottage cheese
    3 cups no sugar added spaghetti sauce or you can make your own which I prefer.
    1/4 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup fresh basil leaf
    1 bag mozzerella veggie cheese( my fav is galaxy in a green package)
    1/2 cup veggie cheese to top it all off.

    Directions
    1. Preheat Oven to 365 Degrees
    2. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the bottom of the baking pan.
    3. Add a layer of squash or zucchini to the bottom of the pan, on top of the olive oil.
    4. Next, add: spaghetti sauce, basil, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese,1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 Tbsp of Parmesan, 1/2 Tsp garlic powder, sliced peppers, and onions. Repeat this 4 times, but alternating the squash and zucchini.
    5. After building up the four layers, top dish with Colby jack, remaining mozzarella Parmesan, basil and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
    6. Bake 50-60 minutes. The Cheese should be golden brown.
    7. The edges may have extra juice from the vegetables and olive oil. Lightly tip the pan into the sink and drain the extra liquid. You could also save the juices as a dressing or bread dip.

    On another note I do have a confession. This week has been hectic, although that is no excuse I made a bad choice. I was running around late one night. I came home and was starving! I was not prepared and grabbed what was most convenient. That was turkey hot dogs. I had TWO! No, not just one but two! What was even worse was that I was still starving, so that showed me they had no good nutrients in them! Chad said, so are you going to tell your clients about this?!? So here I am and I am sorry! Thank you Chad for keeping me in check! :)


    On a much better note, this weekend is Brodie's FIRST Birthday! I am one proud momma! I can't wait to celebrate with close friends and family. We are not eating healthy at all! The plan is chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-a, Cup Cakes from Take The Cake Cupcakes in Marion, and Ice Cream! A little boys dream! :) This day is going to be very bitter-sweet for me. Many times I ask him if I could just keep him little, but I believe he has other plans! I am the lucky one. I have a song to share with you all. It is a song I have had on repeat from the day I found out I was pregnant. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. Here are a few pics of my little lamb! Of course I couldn't just pick one. :)













     
    Have a fabulous weekend!
     
    XO,
    Lindsay

    1 comment:

    1. Great songs! Thanks for sharing them...and the grocery cart picture. Looks great!

      ReplyDelete