Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 16 on Phase 1 of Ideal Protein

Day 16 on Phase 1 of Ideal Protein went well.  My morning started off on a very positive note. Robert is up an hour before me and he gets my coffee ready for me. This morning I woke up to a extra special treat. When Robert and I first started dating he would often leave me notes here and there and I loved it.  As time has gone on and life is busy the notes are not as often as they used to be. That is fine... Now, when I get a note it means alot. Robert knew that I had a busy day ahead of me with 2 big meetings.  I went out to the kitchen and there was a huge note on the table.  It said, DUSTY I LOVE YOU XOXO.  It instantly made me smile:)  I knew that whatever this day brought my way I was going to go into it with a smile and make the best of it.  It is awesome how something so little and free can change your outlook on the entire day. 
I had my coffee, did a few yoga stretches to get the blood flowing.  I then had a Ideal Protein 1/2 Pina Colada and 1/2 vanilla pudding with crushed ice and 10oz of water.  The vanilla makes it taste creamy and thicker.
Off to one of my big meetings, I was not stressed and I just figure that being stressed or nervous about a meeting won't make my performance any better.  I took a deep breath and went into the meeting with confidence.  I did the best I could do and I will have to wait and see what comes of the meeting.  Whatever will be will be.
Over my lunch I had a Networking meeting. http://www.mrbeansrestaurant.com/ This was at Mr Beans in Marion.  They have some great lunch Salads and they will also make any sandwich into a lettuce wrap if you ask them.  I had a chef salad with extra egg, no cheese or croutons.  I also brought a packet of Walden Farms Bacon Ranch dressing.  I would normally have actual protein at dinner, instead I will have a IP and select veggie soup when I get off work at 7:30pm.

Today Lindsay made Cauliflower Pizza and it was AMAZING!!! I had a couple (4) bite size pieces :)
Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Serves 2; Adapted from Your Lighter Side.

Ingredients:
1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
...
1 cup shredded mozzarella veggie cheese or half a cup Parm chs
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp garlic salt
olive oil (optional)
pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your choice of toppings*
Directions:
To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.
One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.
Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).
Enjoy!

*Note that toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.


Around 5pm I had a Wildberry Yogurt drink and I like to add extra water about 12oz and a scoop of Walden Farms Raspberry Jam for extra flavor and crushed ice for thickness. At 5:30pm I held a Free Ideal Protein Seminar.  There were alot of new clients interested in the diet.  It excites me to get more people on the diet and see them excited to make a healthy change in their lives.
I got home around 7:45 and I had some Select Veggie Soup.I warmed up the cappucino IP drink and drank that while watching American Idol and feeling sorry for some of the brave potential contestants.  They have more nerve than me, that is for sure.  I only sing in my car, by myself!!! I would never subject anyone to my singing voice.

I hope everyone is staying on track, try not to let the world, work, stress or $ drag you down.  Life is good, keep your head up and let's stay strong together.  Have a wonderful evening.

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla



2 comments:

  1. Awe...that Robert is one sweet guy! You are the perfect couple. I can tell..and I've never met him in person. I just have a really, really good hunch! :) You are amazing and look just as amazing in this photo, Dusty. Thank you to both you and Lindsay for the inspiration. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tina, Yes Robert is a very sweet guy:) He treats me and my boys very well.

    Your welcome, Linds and I love our jobs!!! We both couldn't be happier!
    ~Dusty

    ReplyDelete