Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 42 on Phase 2 of Ideal Protein

Day 42 on phase 2 of Ideal Protein has gone well.  It is Monday and I am on track with Phase 2.  Last week after my Tuesday weigh in I was relieved that I lost weight.  I have continued with Phase 2 having my favorite Ideal Protein drink for breakfast, Wildberry or Peach Mango.  6-8oz of Lean Protein for lunch and dinner with some veggies throughout the day.  I am not hungry on Phase2, I think it is because I am getting more actual protein. I have worked out 5 times last week for at least 45 minutes of cardio, I still feel good.  After I work out I have a restricted Ideal Protein, usually a Peanut Butter Bar.

Throughout the week I continued drinking at least 100oz of water daily, took my supplements, ate 4 cups of veggies and worked out.  I know how easy it is to fall back into old habits.  I had alot going on last week.  I'm very excited to let you know that I hired a new employee, Carmen.  You will see her at the office starting this week.  She has a medical background and has lots of experience, a hard worker and a very positive attitude.
It was Robert's Birthday and we celebrated 2 other Birthday's in the office. On top of all that I had to juggle Basketball/Baseball practices and games and deal with the everyday curve balls that were thrown my way. There were a couple of times that I wanted to completely splurge but I didn't.  I was NOT perfect, but I am still on track.  If I don't lose tomorrow I know why.  I still feel good and my clothes are fitting better than they have in a long time.

I tried some old but favorite recipes last week, I hope you give them a try. 

Strawberry Shortcake
 
1 Pkg Ideal Protean Vanilla Drink mix
2-3 oz. water
1 Egg White
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Splenda
Splash of Almond Extract
Walden Farms Strawberry Jelly.
Put the drink mix in a big mug, add water to make it a pudding consistency. Add all other ingredients except WF jelly and stir until silky smooth. Put in the microwave for 3 minutes (on top of big plate). Remove from cup into dessert size bowl. Cut cake into small pieces and add two spoonfuls of WF strawberry jelly. Return to microwave for 15-20 seconds. Stir soften jelly into cake mix. Can top with Walden Farms Marshmallow Cream.


Asian Soup
Makes 10 cups
6 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
2 cups bok choy, chopped
2 cups Chinese/Napa cabbage, chopped
1/4 cup fresh ginger, thinly sliced and julienned
6 Cups shitake mushrooms, sliced thin
2 cups scallions / green onions
8 ounce can of sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 red pepper, halved, cored, each half cut into three sections lengthwise, each section sliced thin cross-wise
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (this is a lot, this soup has some heat, if you don't appreciate that, start with 1/8 teaspoon or even 1/16; the heat does moderate after being refrigerated for 24 hours)
2 cups snow peas (these are far cheaper from the frozen section and don't require stringing, if using fresh cut off the tips and then along the string-y side, that's the side opposite the peas)
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
8 oz chicken
OPTIONAL BUT TIME-SAVING TIP Bring the Broth to a boil in an electric tea kettle or in the microwave while prepping the vegetables.

Collect all the vegetables except the snow peas and bean sprouts in a cold large pot or Dutch oven. When those vegetables are prepped, add the hot water, cover and bring to a boil on MEDIUM HIGH. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and snow peas, cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and cilantro. Add fully cooked chicken chunks.
 
 
WENDY's Kraut Salad


large can sauerkraut
1 C chopped celery
1/2 C chopped onion
1/4C splenda
1/2 C each chopped red & green peppers
1/4 C olive oil
1/2 C vinegar
...

Drain & rinse sauerkraut - mix with chopped veggies put
all in bowl that can be sealed.

Mix oil, vinegar & sweetener & heat in micro-let cool &
pour over chopped veggies & sauerkraut - put in sealed
container & refrigerator for at least 4 hrs. or overnight
 
Favorite Veggie Recipe:
3 cups of Broccoli
1 head of Cauliflower
8oz container of fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 Tbsp Sweet Basil
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
 
Cut up veggies. Mix all ingredients together. Place in a 9x13 pan cover with Aluminum Foil and bake 350* for 15-20 minutes, until veggies are tender.
 
Ideal Protein 7 layer Salad:
Ingredients

1C broccoli
1C cauliflower
1C snowpeas, frozen
1/2C red onion, sliced
3/4C Walden Farms mayonnaise
1/2C Splenda
1/2C parmesan VEGGIE cheese, grated
4 strips cooked turkey bacon
Directions
Cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite-size pieces. Layer in bottom of bowl. Layer peas. Cook and dice Turkey Bacon and layer. Slice onion and break into bite-size pieces. Layer in bowl. Spread Walden Farms mayonnaise over onions. Evenly distribute Splenda, then parmesan cheese over other ingredients. Refrigerate for 1-8 hours. Mix 5 minutes before serving.

Number of Servings: 6
 
Have a great week and stay strong.  You are in control of what you eat!
 
Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla












No comments:

Post a Comment