Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hi All,
It has been a while since I have blogged so I thought I would leave you with a few recipes and motivational pieces! I found this picture on the lovely Pinterest and wanted to share with you! I couldn't agree more with these Four Agreements! I believe they can all be instilled on how you live your life with people and with food as well.

1. Be impeccable with your word- Write in your book!
2. Don't take anything personally- Don't worry what people think when you are trying to better yourself. Do it for yourself and only yourself!
3. Don't make assumptions- Remember that people could have been or are in your same situation. Whether you have reached your goal, are starting your journey or are wanting to give Ideal Protein a shot. ASK!
4. Always do your best- I believe this speaks for itself!

As for FOOD....

One of my favorite new maintenance sandwich is this...
Avocado Sandwich
Whole wheat toast
Romaine
Cucumber
Red onion
Black beans
Avocado
Salt and pepper

Roasted Cauliflower
Break 1 head of cauliflower into pieces.
3 pieces of Turkey bacon
Pat dry.
Put in Ziploc bag.
Add a little olive oil (1-2 T?).
Shake until well-coated.
Spread on foil lined pan.
Sprinkle with Garlic Salt and other seasonings. (I use Mrs. Dash and put some in the Ziploc too.)
Bake at 400 Degrees for 30 minutes, and then put on top shelf for about 8 minutes until brown or place on the grill for 20 min.
Then Enjoy.
Last night I made Brisket in the oven and it was AMAZING and so easy! I bought it from Costco and let it unthaw. Threw it in the oven with 1 cup of water and cooked for an hour. I went and worked out and came back to a house that smelt amazing! I definitely recommend it!
 
I call this the clean the fridge out salad...
Steamed Brussels sprouts
beetroot
arugula
tuna
feta cheese
sesame seeds
lemon juice
balsamic vinegar
olive oil
salt and pepper
It was so pretty and very tasty!
 
Tomorrow I will be making...
Tortilla Soup
• 1 T vegetable oil
• 1 small onion finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves minced
• 14 oz can plum tomatoes drained
• 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
• Rotisserie chicken cut into small pieces
• 4 oz green chilies chopped
• 1 t lemon pepper
• 2 t Worcestershire
• 1 t chili powder
• 1 t cumin
• Dash Cilantro
• Salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, cook the onion and garlic until onion is soft. Add chilies, tomatoes with sauce, broth, lemon pepper, Worcestershire, spices and simmer mixture for 20 minutes.
 
My "Fun" Day

My cheat day was a little over the top this week. It was my Grandpa's 93rd Birthday so of course I had to celebrate. We had the usual Cherry Cake and Ice Cream and they had Cherry Sour Balls which are my all time favorite!!! I ate them and did NOT regret it because I knew I would get right back on track with my healthy lifestyle and workout routine! :) A quote from my Gramps when asked for the key to longevity, "You need to live life as if the glass is half full and put garlic on everything, I even put it in my cereal! " What a guy!

Happy 93rd Birthday to the greatest man I know! I hope Brodie learns all the amazing qualities you have and becomes a kind, sincere, funny, smart and sweet young man just like you. I promise to instill in him your positive outlook on life and to add a little garlic to his food! ;) Happy Birthday, Gramps!


XO,
Linds

1 comment:

  1. Will have to check out the brisket at Costco. Thanks for the tip! I have to admit, some of the things you put in your Clean Out Your Fridge salad are foreign to me. I wouldn't have a clue about how to buy, where to buy, or how to prepare. Guess I'll just have to step outside my comfort zone again and do my Google research! LOL Happy 93rd birthday to your grandpa! Garlic rocks!

    ReplyDelete