Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1 of Phase 1 on Ideal Protein

Happy New Year!!! Lets make 2013 our healthiest year yet!!!

I was a little nervous to start on the diet today.  I have not done strict phase 1 of Ideal Protein in a year and a half.  I weighed myself, checked my BMI and my body fat and did measurements.  All are higher numbers than I like to see. In my morning cup of coffe I had 1 packet of splenda and 1 oz of skim milk and a peach mango shake for breakfast. Then I started preparing for my day.  I think that is key when doing any program PREPARATION!  I installed my fitness pal on my iphone and I have been tracking all of my water, vitamins, veggies and physical activity and food intake. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ 
I have to say that I am very thankful for pickles!!! I stocked up on a huge variety of vlasic pickles.  They have a new product called garden veggie, sugar free bread and butter pickles, classic dill and you can have banana peppers on the program as well. Go to http://vlasic.com/products.html to see all of the products.  I found them at Hy Vee. 
I also made some soup and cut up fresh veggies for today and tomorrow.  The recipe for the soup is easy.  Take 10 cups of your favorite Ideal Protein approved veggies (broccili, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage, chopped rhutabaga and celery) place in a big soup pot and add 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce, cover the veggies with low sodium chicken broth, season with your favorite herbs cover and simmer for a hour. If you want more recipes go to http://iamedicalspa.com/  For lunch I had blue-cran granata drink and a salad.  I snacked on cucumbers throughout the day.  Around 5 I was getting hungry so I moved my evening snack up and made the butterscotch pudding as a drink and used 10oz of water, crushed ice and a Tbsp of Walden Farms Chocolate syrup :) Yumm. http://www.waldenfarms.com/products/all_products.html There are lots of Walden Farms products to try. Remember only 5 servings a day.  
Dinner (try to eat before 8pm) consisted of steamed veggies, chicken breast and romaine lettuce salad with olive oil and rice vinegar. Drink a minimum of 64oz of water a day.
Today was not as hard as I thought it was going to be.  I am happy that I have taken this jump and wanting to make my life healthier. If your thinking about starting Ideal Protein or any program there is no better time than now to make your mind, body and soul healthier.  Remember you only get 1 body, let's take care of it!

Until tomorrow, ~Dusty

I will persist until I succeed.
The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal. Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in the road. Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.
Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult. -Og Mandino

1 comment:

  1. I figured it out! Trying to get the hang of this blog "stuff". See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete