Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Life as we know it... In maintenance!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I can't believe it is January 1st, 2013! My how fast 2012 went. We rang in the new year with close friends and our children. It was so FUN! I will admit I took full advantage of my cheat day. I had chips and salsa, crackers, WINE, and a few shots(of course, after the kids were in bed!) We played games, sang and danced the night away as we rang in the new year. 
As for this morning I was not feeling the best. Chad got up and made us a protein shake to fuel our bodies for the day. We use the Ninja for a blender and it is AMAZING! It will blend, mix and purée anything! The shake consisted of a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a dollop of almond butter, granola, a banana, ice and water! These are honestly one of my favorite things. And filling! Brod loves them too! 
I was very dehydrated today due to the alcohol so I was drinking water like it was going out of style! For lunch I had a chicken salad loaded with peppers, tomatoes and fresh pico de gallo. Yum! 
I snacked on some pistachio nuts. 25 are a serving so I counted out 25 and put in a bowl or else I would eat the whole bag. They are so addicting! 
This evening for supper I laid out steak, sweet potatoes, and salad. It was delicious. We don't have a grill, so I cooked the steak on the George Forman. As for the sweet potatoes I sliced them thinly and put on a cookie sheet that already had a little coconut oil melted on it. Have you ever tried coconut oil? It is so universal and delicious! I preheated the oven to 375 and cooked for about 50 minutes. Turning them halfway through. 
Tonight I also cut and cleaned all of my veggies for the week and also made some hard boiled eggs. Preparation  is the key for me. If I don't have it all ready to go I may make a bad choice during the week. I am making a roast for tomorrow so all I need to do is throw it in the crockpot and Set to low and enjoy when we get home tomorrow night. 
I just put Brod to bed, and now I am getting ready to head to the gym for a quick workout. Nothing to strenuous, but just to get my heart rate up. When I get back I will have some Kashi cinnamon crumble and skim milk. I like cereal at night and that offers me a lot of protein, fiber and is fairly low in sugar. 
I hope you all had a great start to the new year! I look forward to seeing you reach and maintain your goals this year!
XO,
Linds 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Linds! Looking forward to the maintenance phase!

    ReplyDelete