Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 15 on Phase 1 complete! 2nd weigh in:)

Day 15 started with my weigh in at 8am, my weight was down 2 pounds and my Body Fat dropped a full percentage point. Before my weigh in I don't consume anything! The anxiety of weighing in is a little nerve racking. I am starting to know how all of my clients feel weekly.  The scale can be kind of scary!  I worked hard at sticking to the diet and not having any cheats, nothing in 15 days.  I was hoping for more of a weight loss of course, but I am happy with 2 pounds.  I only check my ketones daily, I don't weigh myself, so I had no idea if I lost anything.  I really thought is was going to be more,  I feel so good and my clothes are already getting loose. I have been doing yoga at least 3 times a week and walking on the treadmill as well.  I have not been doing a extra Ideal Protein on these days.  I am going to cut out the treadmill this week and add another NON restricted Ideal Protein on the days I attend yoga. 

My morning protein was a pre made mango drink and coffee, black.  The morning was busy and I didn't eat anything else until 2pm.  I had a meeting at noon and then had to go to Target.  While I was at Target I had to talk myself out of a few things... The produce is located right by the bakery and there were samples of vanilla cake with cream cheese frosting. This sounds ridiculous, but I had to picture the lady behind the counter licking all the pieces of cake.  Then I was okay and the want for the cake was gone.  I was a little grossed out actually :/ It is funny what your mind can do...
I got home and I had a HUGE bowl of Select veggie soup.  I ate 3 cups of veggies and drank alot of broth.  I also had a mixed green salad.  I was plenty full when I got done eating the soup and salad. I started a 8 pound turkey at 3pm as well, 450* for 4 hours.  This was going to be my dinner protein for the next couple of days. 

 Around 4:30 I had a Cran Granata drink while running Noah to practice. Then I had yoga.  My good friend Rhonda took the class with me.  The class was a little tough, not only the yoga poses, but the veggie soup was not agreeing with me. I did not take my lunch enzymes today :(  Rhonda was laughing out loud at my facial expressions.  She understood what I was going through. We were in a pose called the pigeon and Rhonda laughed so loud at me that the instructor called her out on it and asked what was so funny. She covered for me and said she has not taken class in awhile and the stretches felt great.  Thanks Rhonda.  Class was done and I could not be happier! Whew!

Dinner was great, I had 8oz of turkey, zucchini and Ideal Protein potato puree.  I mix the puree with low sodium chicken broth as the water and chives for extra flavor.  I then had a Ideal Protein dark chocolate pudding  with Walden Farms Caramel sauce warmed up and drizzled on top for dessert.  Today I had 4 NON restricted since I worked out.  I also drank 120 ounces of water.

I feel good with my weight today.  I am happy that I have not given into temptations.  I thought of a few things after I weighed in today.  I did a 10 week program here in town, went EVERY morning at 5am with my husband and only lost 11 pounds total.  I did weight watchers for 5 years and lost and gained the same 6 pounds 10 times.  So, my point is that 9.5 pounds in 14 days is pretty good. It's all how you look at the glass. Half full of Half empty?  I'm happy with my half full glass:)

Today a friend of mine suggested I try a new website.  It is going to help with mind and body wellness. Feel free to check it out, let me know what you think.  http://mythoughtcoach.com/  There are lots of options to choose from. I'm going to put on Noah's Dr Dre Beats (I think that's what he calls them) and relax after a warm bath and drift off to sleepy land. 


Good night.

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the laugh, Dusty! I will have to picture some stranger licking something I want badly, or maybe even picture maggots crawling on whatever food it is?! I'm sure that will work! Thanks again for the laugh. P.S. Your yoga story made me smile too. :)

    ReplyDelete