Sunday, September 10, 2017

My Story

Hello everyone!  I’m starting off my first contribution to our blog by telling you a little about myself and how I ended up here.

Like many people, I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life.  I was always the biggest kid in my class and as I became an adult, the weight continued to pile on.   Food and eating became my addiction ~ the one constant that I went to when I was happy, sad, bored, lonely, tired etc etc.  I tried program after program and would lose a little weight, but eventually return to bad habits, regain the weight, and then add on even more weight. 

I started Ideal Protein in September of 2015 at my all-time highest weight.  Mentally and emotionally, I was at my all-time lowest.  It’s hard to describe how scared I was to start again; I feared failure and knew that my weight was seriously impacting how I was living my life.  Before I started the program, I made a list of all things that were difficult for me, things that I couldn’t do, or wouldn’t do because of my weight and the anxiety I was feeling about social situations.  I felt hopeless. 

I started Ideal Protein thinking that maybe I would lose at least some weight to make life a bit easier.  Whenever I started a new program, I always told people “I’ll never be thin, but I’d be happy if I could lose just a little.”  I started and took it one day at time; sometimes one hour at time.  But, something amazing happened.  I was losing weight and within a couple of months, I started to believe that this plan could finally be the answer to my prayers.  I started to believe that maybe someday, I could actually be at a healthy weight.  That was a revelation!

Over the next many months, there were ups and downs.  This program is difficult, but it is worth every tear (there were lots!), every challenge, and every victory (there were lots of those too!)  It takes determination, perseverance, sacrifice, and planning; but the habits and changes you make in Phase 1 is the foundation you can build on for the rest of your life.

So, Ideal Protein and the people that I’ve met through Innovative Aesthetics and this community have changed my life.  I’ve lost over 260 pounds and I am humbled to be able to help others along their journey whether or not that person has 10, 15, or 50 pounds to lose.  We’ve all faced this same battle and I’m here to tell you that it can be overcome!

My recommendation to you is to embrace this journey whole heartedly.  Embrace the challenges, push yourself to try new things, and explore your beliefs and attitudes towards food and the role it plays in your life.  Figure out what a balanced, healthy lifestyle looks like to you and make it happen!




Laura Elsbernd
Ideal Protein Consultant
Innovative Aesthetics


No comments:

Post a Comment