Sunday, November 30, 2014

Days 28,29,30... Southern living

     Shopping, family time, restaurants, New Orleans and driving... That is what the past 3 days have consisted of. It has been a great trip full of laughs and memories. Sad that I have to leave Audi again but yet so proud of him! 
     I see LOTS of clients throughout the week at work and I'm so impressed with the honesty that is shared with me! So... I have to make one confession, if I don't I would have some major guilt! I stuck to plan 99.9%. I ate 3 non restricted IP's Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Mainly because the boys ate my PB bars but also because we ate out for dinner all 3 days. Not knowing what herbs, spices, butter was added to my dinner I wanted to keep it safe. I stuck with veggies & southern seafood. I tried okra, crawfish & collard greens for the first time. We visited New Orleans an Bourben street & everyone said that we had to try a beignet. This was my first time in New Orleans and I wanted to try a bite just to say I've tried one.  My one little cheat was a bite of a beignet. Whew, I feel better!!! In the past I would've eaten an entire one or maybe two. It was very similar to a funnel cake.
 http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beignet 
As you can see in the picture I'm drinking a coffee from the French Quarter and Robert is enjoying a 2$ 'big ass beer' so they called it :) 
     We had a great time & the boys saw a couple firsts on Bourben Street. We walked around for a few hours but left before things got out of control. 
      I'm happy to get home and dive in to a busy week ahead of me! I have to finish painting at the new house, finish packing, Innovative Aesthetics Holiday Open House Thursday & move to Marion! Lots to do! I'm planning for rotisserie chicken & Hy Vee's salad bar this week. 
     Remember that I don't want you to have cheats, BUT, if you do, you can always wipe the slate clean and start fresh! Have a great week! 
-Dusty
Bourbon Street with the family ❤️
Beautiful day in New Orleans 



     

No comments:

Post a Comment