Saturday, November 22, 2014

Day 21: It takes 21 days to form a habit! Fact or Myth?

Day 21... I've been really working hard at staying on track 100% with phase 1. My first goal was to get to the 21 day mark. I've heard that it takes 21 days to form a habit. Not sure if I'm at that point for sure? I do know that I'm in a routine, focused, avoiding temptations & feeling great! I'm in a routine of having 3 IP foods daily, eating veggies, drinking water & taking my supplements. I'm determined to make this work! http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonselk/2013/04/15/habit-formation-the-21-day-myth/
     Today is Friday, my favorite day of the week. Not sure why, but it is so much easier to get out of bed to workout. I headed to the gym for a boot camp class. My friend Crissy invited me, neither of us had done the class before. I got there & an old friend was teaching class. I thought, this is going to be an easy class. I brought along a IP pink lemonade drink with extra water. Class started & I was feeling good! About 15 minutes into class I was sweating, sucking air & my pink lemonade was gone! I continued to workout! I had a sense of pride that I HAD to continue! I felt like an old women as I chose the less impact option! I looked at the clock multiple times & it wasn't moving! After 45 minutes & 50 burpees I was starting to see some stars. I had to throw in the towel :( I was a little defeated but passing out would have been mortifying! 
     About 9am I was already hungry. I snacked on some celery, cucumbers & chocolate shake. Today over my lunch hour I had the Go Red for Women event & I couldn't wait, I was starving! Lunch was served & there was chocolate cake, cheesecake, rolls & rice that I couldn't have but I ate the tomato stuffed pork chop & salad. It tasted wonderful!!! It could've been a piece of flavored grilled leather & I would've eaten it! The event was very motivating & very well organized. It reminded me why I truly need to make this a lifestyle change! Heart disease in females is one of the top causes of death in the US! Multiple years of being over weight & bad eating habits can really take a toll on our heart.

     When I got back to work I felt energized & my tummy was happy! After work Riley had basketball at the new Team Iowa facility. Unfortunately there wasn't much for me at the concession stand. I ate some Salt & Vinegar Crisps while watching the game. On our way home we stopped at Pita'z & I had the Mediterranean grilled chicken salad. Noah ate a double cheeseburger & fries. http://m.pitazhiawatha.com/ My family wanted Tomaso's. I refused, I didn't want to fight the temptation of sensory overload! The sight & smell of pizza is a definite trigger! 
     My first goal has been reached! I'm sticking with my new formed habit:)! My next goal is getting through the Thanksgiving holiday & vacation. I CAN DO IT!!!
-Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment