Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Day 18! Dealing with Ketosis breath :(

     Day 18... Almost every morning Robert is up before me and leaves for work.  He has mentioned to me a few times that my breath smells funny.  "Thanks, I tell him it is ketosis breath :) " That's a good thing! When he gave me a kiss this morning he said it was extra bad.  I think it was a combo of all the Garlic Mrs Dash I have been putting on everything and ketosis. I told him to kiss me on the cheek until I get to my goal. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/180858.php Ketosis on Ideal Protein is a good thing.  It means that you have overall extinguished most of the carbs and sugar out of your system and your burning fat.  As I have mentioned I HAVE NOT weighed myself yet.  I know I'm sticking to plan, my clothes are getting loose and my breath is AWFUL! Due to ketosis :) I have been brushing my teeth more, mouth washing and using fresh mint in my water. I also purchased some gum at Fresh Market that is sweetened with Sucralose.  The flavor lasts about .2 seconds and my jaw gets a great workout because it feels like I'm chewing on a piece of leather. The only gum that I have found is Trident cinnamon that does not have Aspertame. Robert not liking my breath is the least of my worries right now, sorry Robert, muah!!!
     I started with a wildberry yogurt drink and a handful of spinach, I was in the mood for some fruit. This is a thick filling shake and I'm starting to get a little tired of veggies throughout the day. I added some ice and put in my blender.  I waited to have coffee today, thinking if I start later I will drink less.  Not sure if it was mental or what, but I felt like a zombie until I had a cup at 11am. I snapped out of zombie mode as soon as the coffee hit my mouth! 
     Lunch consisted of a meeting and I was able to choose off the menu at CRCC. I planned on having my dinner protein for lunch since I didn't want to pass up a great meal :) I chose 6oz of grilled salmon salad, no cheese, no dressing. It was AMAZING!!! I love grilled salmon and it was prepared perfectly! The lunch meeting went very well and I pretty much licked my plate clean.
     Mid afternoon I had a premade caramel pudding. It was a busy afternoon and I didn't have much time to plan.  The pudding is a new product, it kind of tastes like butterscotch. The convenience of having it premade and cold is perfect for a busy afternoon.
     Noah had a basketball game and Robert was loudly eating a bag of popcorn in my ear. I got out a Strawberry Wafer and enjoyed that during the game. Popcorn is still one of the foods that I crave daily!
     After we got home Robert had some leftovers and I stunk up the house with mashed cauliflower.  I washed it and stuck it in the microwave for 10 minutes then mashed.  I then added 1 oz of chopped turkey bacon, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, minced onion and garlic powder.  It was so delicious! I almost ate it all and Noah was a little upset that I didn't save him more. 
     As we head into the real EATING Holidays I am keeping my mind made up that I'm sticking to plan 100%. I have multiple speed bumps coming up this month!!! Vacation to Biloxi, Thanksgiving, painting, packing and moving just to name a few... I know that I can't have ANY cheats! If I do, I'm done :( I have a goal in mind and I'm sticking to plan until the goal is reached. If I make excuses, to me it means that this isn't important enough.  My health and the way I feel is important :) Another day complete! Woot Woot, fist pump :)

CRCC Salmon Salad

I'm determined!!!
What Robert says my breath is like :/
~Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment