Monday, November 17, 2014

Day 17! Just another Manic Monday!

     My Monday started with my alarm going off at 5am... BOOOO, Noah had early morning basketball practice and I didn't want to go out in the 16* temps.  I bundled up in Roberts boots, his hat and gloves and my big thick robe.  I looked absolutely ridiculous but I was warm and didn't care, no one besides Noah was going to see me :) When I got home I was frozen to the bone.  My options were to crawl into bed with my freezing hands and feet and put them on Robert or workout? I decided to be nice and keep my frozen appendages to myself.  I stretched a little and worked out on the elliptical for 30 minutes. I made the cappuccino IP drink warm and a cup of coffee. I was out of the vanilla premade drink and was a little bummed that I couldn't have my new favorite eggnog latte. When I got to work I was greeted with a nice note from Lind's, it started my day off with a smile :)

    My preparation skills were lacking this weekend. As I hurried out the door I grabbed some radishes, zucchini and a bag of lettuce for lunch.  The radishes were a little questionable, they have been in the fridge for a week. I will give them a try anyway.

     It was freezing outside and I couldn't seem to warm up all day. For lunch I made the chicken noodle soup and added some zucchini. It was filling and warmed me up, perfect for a cold windy day. The radishes were extra spicy, not sure if that was because they were old? I had a few minutes over my lunch and I was recommended by a friend to read an article about change... http://stepupprogram.org/docs/handouts/STEPUP_Stages_of_Change.pdf I need to realize that this program has a process and following these steps will probably help with long term success.
     It was a busy Monday evening... Noah had basketball practice and a vocal concert.  Lindsay also invited us over for a Phase 1 approved dinner! I was so excited! I didn't have to think about dinner or cook anything :)! Lindsay is not only my coworker, she is my cousin and a wonderful friend. She is one of my biggest supporters in all aspects of my life. I know she would be there for me no matter what! She lives and breaths Ideal Protein at Innovative Aesthetics as I do :)
     Dinner consisted of chicken fajitas in the crock pot. 
After Noah's vocal concert I was frozen. I made some apple oatmeal with a cup of shredded zucchini & rhubarb. It was the perfect ending to a great Monday. Life on Ideal Protein is going very well. I'm feeling good and happy that I have not strayed off plan.  I'm focusing on today and not worrying about the upcoming holidays just yet.  
Staying strong and keeping the finish line in mind.
~Dusty 
     

      

No comments:

Post a Comment