Friday, November 14, 2014

Day 13 BRRRRRR!

     BRRRRRR!!! I'm not ready for this cold weather! I know, I know we live in Iowa. Not sure if I will ever get use to the cold weather. It's getting worse as I get older :( I woke up at 5:00am to go to the gym but was to cold to get out of bed. I turned on my heated blanket and snuggled back in for an hour. When I got up I put Pandora on Bluetooth and played Fitz and the Tantrums station. This is a GREAT station, maybe because it reminds me of Audi, most of his favorite bands are played on this station. After 30 minutes my fleece pj's were getting sweaty. I am getting to my goal of 3 workouts this week, almost there!
     September and October I love everything pumpkin! November and December I love everything eggnog and peppermint. Today at Starbucks they have 2 for 1 from 2-5pm. I would love to get a mint mocha and an egg nog latte, but I can't.  I need to figure out some alternatives... For breakfast I made some coffee and a chocolate shake with 2 drops of mint extract. I combined all the ingredients for a guilt free mint chocolate mocha. Yummo! Tasted so good! It went well with the snow flakes falling outside. 
     I bundled up and headed into work with a bag of chopped lettuce and a jar of pickles.  Thank goodness we can eat pickles as part of our veggies on IP! It has saved my hunger pains on multiple occasions. I made a deal with myself that after I drank 50oz of water today I could attempt an egg nog latte. I ran over to Hy Vee for the ingredients. I mall walked past Lance, the Starbucks guy that helps me often. I wanted to avoid temptation. Lance said "Hi, Dusty, we have your favorites today, buy one get one free, will you be back at 2?" "not today Lance" and I quickly waived, smiled and tried not to make to much of eye contact. He looked at me like I was sick or something. :( I will get to have my favorites again soon enough.  After getting back to work I chugged the final 50oz of water I set as my goal. Then I attempted an eggnog latte using the IP vanilla pudding. BAD, BAD, BAD! Not sure if I did something wrong? It curdled and the clumps floated to the top when I added the hot coffee. Of course I tried it, not a good idea. Then I tried it with premade vanilla! It turned out! I felt like a genius! I just created the next holiday drink :)! No real rum tho!
Eggnog non restricted IP
1 Ideal Protein Readymade Vanilla Drink
1 Drop of Rum Extract
1 Drop Vanilla extract
Sprinkle of Nutmeg and Cinnamon to Taste
Mix all ingredients and add hot coffee!
     After work I was starving and not wanting to cook dinner. Robert was at a friends watching the Dolphins game and kids were at practice. I stopped and picked up a Jimmy Johns unwich. Like I said, I was starving and I hate to admit this but I ordered the gargantuan, no cheese or mayo. It filled me up and there were no dishes to clean up!
     I ended the day with a cup of sleepy time tea and a peanut butter bar. Another day done! I feel good overall, a few temptations, but nothing I can't resist. Tomorrow is 2 full weeks, it gets a lot easier right?!?
~Dusty
Still smiling & keeping a positive attitude! 




1 comment:

  1. cute pic! sounds like you are on a roll, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete