Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 11! Happy Veterans Day!

     Day 11, it's Veterans day and the day that my Grandma Ackley passed away just 4 short years ago. I think I can speak for everyone that knew her when I say that she was an AMAZING women.  She always had a smile on her face, she was a hard worker and never in to much of a hurry for a hug! Not a day goes by that I don't think of her! I am happy for the memories and superstitions :) that I have today because of her! Today is also Veterans Day, I have always been patriotic and happy to be an American.  This year it is hitting a little closer to home for me.  My son Audi is in the Air Force and the thought that my little boy is serving ME and our country puts a lump in my throat.  It makes me so much more proud to be an American and so much more thankful for all my family and friends that have served for our country! If your reading this and a Vet, Thank you!!!
     Some flurries were flying as I made my morning cup of coffee. So I thought it would be a good day for some Maple oatmeal and fruit. Wait, I can't have fruit :( I CAN have frozen unsweetened rhubarb! That is considered a 'select veggie' it's very low on the glycemic index. The oatmeal is a good comfort, tummy warming/filling breakfast.
     The morning zips by and it's time for lunch already.  Last night I boiled a couple packets of non restricted rotini and added the Walden farms zesty Italian dressing with a bunch of select veggies. I divided them up into 4 containers for the week. For lunch I dumped the rotini over some shredded lettuce and I was ready to eat. I set an alarm on my phone so that I drink the daily required water, otherwise I forget. Mid afternoon I was a little hungry so I went for some spicy pickles and made myself a cup of apple cinnamon decaf tea.  Noah had a game and I didn't want to walk into the gym hungry and craving popcorn.
     Robert and Noah wanted Hy Vee Chinese express for dinner. Rather than depriving myself  I decided to make my own Chinese dinner.  I picked up a rotisserie chicken from Hy Vee and a head of cauliflower. I decided to make chicken fried rice :)
Ingredients:
1. Head of cauliflower “riced” either had grate the cauliflower or run through the food processor
2. 1/4 of a cup of freshly squeezed lime juice
3. 1 tsp pepper
4. 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
5. 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
6. 1 scrambled egg

Directions:
In a skillet sautee riced cauliflower until tender.
Stir in lime juice, pepper, low sodium soy sauce, scrambled egg and cilantro.
Mix in chicken
Enjoy!

After dinner the boys were eating brownies so I decided I wanted a brownie as well! I warmed up the IP DOUBLE restricted brownie for 15 seconds and topped it with some Walden Farms Carmel syrup. It was delicious!
     My day ended with a call to my Airman and a prayer to Grandma Ackley.  Today was a good day :)
~Dusty
My son Austin
Grandma & Grandpa Ackley

Rotini & select veggies




 
    
    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment