Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Life as we know it... In Maintenence! :)







Hello All,
It has been one wild week! I love the work week because I get to experience so many amazing days with my clients. I seriously can't get over how many sweet and caring people I get to meet! I swear I would talk about it all night to Chad if he would let me, but I guess I have to hear about his Real estate business as well! :)
My goal for the New Year was to tend to more classes at The Mac. I love to workout and I get into my own little routine, but I wanted to step out of my box and I  have NOT been doing a very good job of this! My friend Chelsea, is the GM at The Mac and she has promised me on multiple occasions how fun they are, and the teachers are great and I trust her, buttttt I do have a little bit of insecurity going into a room of people who I think are "Pros." So, on Tuesday this week I made myself go over my lunch. I thought I was going to Cycling. I get there and no bikes are out and people are just standing and stretching. I look over to a lady and ask, "What is this?" She laughs and says this is Zumba!! I about died! I am a TERRIBLE dancer! I always wanted to be a ballerina when I grew up, but those dreams quickly faded when I realized I didn't belong on the drill team! :) Buttttttt It was so much fun! I had a blast. I always feel best when I am sweating after a work out, and boy was I sweating! I am proud to say I even went back today! :) I also found time to go to TWO cycling classes. Those are by far my favorite. I like a challenge and I find them VERY challenging, especially when you do hills! SO I challenge you all to go to a class or two this week. I will hold up my end of the bargain by going as well. :) Did you know that February is the month that most New Years Resolutions fade?!? Don't let yours fade. You can do it!!!
 
This week I promised I would add my grocery list so here it is folks...
  • Raspberries
  • Blackberries
  • Blueberries
  • Bananas
  • Lemons
  • Grapefruits
  • Bell Peppers
  • Tomatoes
  • Yellow Squash
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Rutabagas
  • Lettuce
  • Cabbage
  • Kale
  • Asparagus
  • Cauliflower
  • Broccoli
  • Cucumbers
  • Pickles made with Splenda
  • Snap Peas
  • Veggie Cheese
  • Brown Rice
  • Quinou
  • Granola
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Low Fat Cottage Cheese
  • Kombucha
  • Soy Milk
  • Eggs
  • Turkey Bacon
  • Martini Olives (As I got to the register I looked to find Chad, and he was smiling because he snuck those little devils in my cart. They are my favorite, but very high in sodium. On Calorie Counter they were graded a D!!! :( I know what I will be looking forward to on my cheat day this next week!)
As for other Protein options I have purchased in bulk from Wallace Farms, and the meat that you receive from them is top notch, grass fed and no hormones!!! WoW is all I can say to the taste. You will have to try it yourself to make sure! They now have a drop off location at Newbo. Thank goodness for the deep freezer my dad gave us! :)

At the grocery store I also got myself a little treat and that is a Veggie Chopper! I spend a lot of time preparing, cutting, etc. So anything that can make life a little easier is always exciting. It made my prep time a little shorter this week. I definitely recommend investing in one!
These are some of my veggies that I cut and prepared for the week! Yummo! 
 
Here is a pic of the Energy supplement I have often talked about. Watermelon and grape are my favorite kinds. The cost for one container is about $17 but they last a long time. I add two scoops to my shakes in the am. It gives me that boost and I don't have to rely on a Energy drink to get my day started. The best thing is it is made with Sucralose! :)
 
A recipe I have prepared for this week...
 
Cabbage Enchiladas
 
I love enchiladas,and this is my favorite low carb option to get my fix!
 
Ingredients:
1 head of cabbage
Shredded Chicken (I used leftovers from a rotisserie chicken we had)
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 (4 ounce) cans of chopped green Chile's
Fresh cilantro
Salt & pepper (to taste)
shredded veggie cheese (optional)
For the Sauce:
Add the chicken broth to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and mix in the Greek Yogurt and green chile's, heat thoroughly but do not boil and make sure to stir often. Let simmer for just a bit and the sauce should thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
For the Enchiladas:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Peel the cabbage leaves – make sure to peel them gently, as you don’t want them to tear. I run the cabbage under warm water as I am peeling. This helps a ton. Throw the cabbage leaves into the pot of boiling water for a couple of minutes. Remove and set on a paper towel to dry. Mix the shredded chicken with chopped fresh cilantro and shredded veggie cheese. I also season well with sea salt & pepper. Spread the enchilada sauce in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish. Then take your cabbage leaves and place the chicken mixture inside of them and roll up. Place each cabbage roll in the baking dish. Once done, pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over them. I top with shredded veggie cheese and bake at 350° for about 20 to 30 minutes.
 
 
I also have to leave a pic of my little loves. They are two peas in a pod. Neither of them would move from the rocking chair. This past week Brodie started walking, and boy was Laneya proud (as was daddy and I). Last night I was rocking Brodie to sleep and I usually play Pandora on the Norah Jones station. The song "I won't give up" by Lennon and Maisy came on and quite a few different scenes flashed through my eyes. I thought of my beautiful family. They are my motivation. Then I thought of all of my clients. YOU can do it and YOU are worth it! If you are in need of some encouragement listen to this song! We all need to remind ourselves why we started and never give up! We have to make a lifestyle of these habits. If it isn't for yourself, do it for your family and friends! We want to celebrate life with you for as long as possible! :)
 
 
XO,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment