Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 35 on Phase 1 of Ideal Protein

Day 35 on Ideal Protein complete.  It is Monday and after a great weekend and late night watching Football I was not in the mood for getting out of bed.  I cracked my eyelids open and noticed that there was alot of sunlight for 6am.  I looked over at my alarm clock and it was 8:15!!! UGH!!! Dang it, I called Hanna at work and scurried around getting ready. I drank a premade Mango drink on my way to work. I made it to work by 9 and had 3 clients waiting for me.  It is no fun waking up late AND it was Monday.  I quickly caught up and before I knew it, it was noon. 

Robert picked me up for lunch and we went to Subway.  I have decided to do the PigMan Triathalon and I need to really start training.  I am still wanting to lose a couple of pounds so I am going to do Phase 2 of Ideal Protein.  I am also going to step up my workouts.  Phase 2 is where you have an IP for Breakfast, 5-8oz Protein at Lunch and 5-8 at Dinner and finally another IP.  You should continue having 4 cups of veggies, water, lettuce, sea salt, supplements, Olive Oil as well. At Subway I had a steak salad (double meat is equal to 7 oz of Protein)  I had most of the veggies, Oil, Vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. 

I had a meeting today with a local business owner and they are going to have Ideal Protein approved salads, veggies and dinner Protein options on the menu.  I CAN'T wait!!!  The afternoon went quick and was very productive.

After work, I took Noah to baseball and I went to bodyflow.  Since I moved onto P2 I chose to jog for 20 minutes on the treadmill as well.  I felt good, I didn't over do it. While I was on my way to pick up Noah I had a peanut butter IP bar and drank 32 oz of water in my Camelbak.  When I got home I made dinner.  This is a great recipe!  My entire family enjoyed it.

Chicken and Broccoli Salad ( Ideal Protein)
Number of Servings: 4
Ingredients

3 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
3 TBSP water
2 TBSP rice vinegar
2 TBSP Splenda
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2"-thick slices
2 TBSP olive oil
4 Cups broccoli, stems peeled and sliced 1/4" thick, florets separated
1/2 c water
1 small lemon, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise, seeds removed (include rind)
1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 TBSP water
2 TBSP toasted sesame seeds
Directions
1. In a large, shallow bowl, whisk together soy sauce, 3 TBSP water, rice vinegar, honey garlic, and crushed red pepper. Pour half the mixture into another bowl and reserve.
2. Place chicken in remaining mixture. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
3. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 TBSP oil over high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook, tossing often, until brown and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with another 1/2 TBSP oil and remaining chicken. Wipe skillet with a paper towel.
4. Heat remaining TBSP oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook broccoli and lemon, tossing often, until broccoli is bright green--about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 c water, cook until broccoli is tender and lemon is translucent, about 6 minutes.
5. Add reserved marinade, cornstarch mixture, chicken and any accumulated juices from plate. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring until thickened, about 1 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.

Number of Servings: 4


I'm still feeling good and ready to continue on my journey.  The attached article is a good read.  http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/healthier-you/6-ways-to-add-years-to-your-life#6 

Have a great evening.

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try this salad recipe. I finally made a batch of select veggie soup and a cauliflower crust pizza for myself this weekend. Both were stupendous! I am wishing I had made the soup earlier in the winter. Oh well. I'm certainly enjoying it now and the bonus is my husband tried both and really liked them too! Will make bigger batches next time. Feels good to take care of myself AND my family at the same time.

    ReplyDelete