Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 29 on phase 1 of Ideal Protein. Weigh in #4 :)

Today is day 29 on phase 1 for me, It is my 4th weigh in and I am pleased with the results I have accomplished so far.  I am down 16 pounds, down 19", my BMI is at 23.3, my bodyfat started at 30.9 and today was 25.5.  I feel AMAZING!!! The best I have felt in over a year.  I am sleeping good at night, I can jog for a half an hour and I don't feel like my legs are going to fall off and I don't feel my belly giggle, as much :) I have a huge sense of accomplishment.  I am going to keep going just a couple more pounds, so I have a little to work with... I am going to Lady Gaga this weekend in St Louis and I may have a splurge?  It will be over a month since I have had a splurge and to tell you the truth I'm scared. I will be sure to post a picture or 2 of my outfit, it will be a entertaining show.

I started my day with a chocolate drink, after my weigh in.  I also had a cup of coffee, I'm getting kind of use to the black coffee. I am almost thinking all the extra stuff I was putting in my coffee was making me want sweets more??? The morning went quick, I was off at 12:45 and I had a meeting at Brewed Cafe in New Bo district.  They have an amazing vinaigrette veggie salad on the menu, I had them keep the carrots and olives.  I was content with a fresh cup of joe and my salad and ice water.  After my meeting I went home and did a quick dust and sweep of the house.  Having 4 boys (including Robert) at the house makes it difficult to keep it clean at times.  I wonder if I sound like the teacher on Charlie Brown to them all??? Whaaa Whhha Wa Wa??? I tell them to put down the toilet lid, pick up their wet towels, and rinse off your plates almost every day.  They look at me like I have a 3rd eyeball almost every time. Like it's something new? Boys, Boys :) It's okay tho, before long I will only have Robert to tell to pick up his dirty socks. (poor Robert)  I drank a Pink Lemonade Ideal Protein drink while I cleaned.

5:15 on Tuesdays I go to Yoga, It is not typical Yoga.  The instructor is male and he does not play music and he talks the entire time. Very quirky, but keeps me entertained for an hour.  He keeps my mind off the fact that I'm there an hour and I get a quick, great workout.

On my way home I drank a pre made Chocolate drink, I am craving chocolate today. It always throws me for a loop on how hormones can throw your body into a tailspin at times.  The chocolate helped with my craving. The attached Link is great, it explains a women's hormones a bit and CRAVINGS! http://www.womentowomen.com/understandyourbody/symptoms/cravings.aspx

When I got home I had a obstacle to get around. Robert had made homemade beef enchilada's, re fried beans and Spanish rice for dinner.  He had thought that it was my final weigh in and I was done with the diet.  As much as I wanted the Fiesta I resisted. I made myself a salad with chicken breast.  While I prepared my dinner I drank about 32 ounces of water as the boys ate the Mexican food and told me how amazing it was.  Ugh :(  I'm okay, I have had Mexican food a thousand times and I will have it again soon.  The salad I had was GREAT!  I felt satisfied after dinner.  I enjoyed a cup of decaf Chai tea and wrote my blog and I had Noah doing some research for a paper along side me :)  

Makes 2 servings
A wonderful salad full of flavor with the touch of Asia. A favorite around the house.

Recipe Ingredients for Low-Carb Chinese Chicken Salad
8oz skinless chicken breasts, cooked and julienne
1cup Jicama, Julienne
3cups salad mix
1cup celery, minced
1 minced scallion
1/2 red bell pepper, julienne
1tbs cilantro
1tsp ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2tbs low-sodium soy sauce
1tbs lime juice
1/8cup sesame oil
1/4cup Walden Farms mayonnaise

Recipe Directions for Low-Carb Chinese Chicken Salad

  1. In a food processor blend ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, and mayo.
  2. Combine dressing with chicken, jicama, celery, scallions, and bell pepper in a large bowl.
  3. Add salad mix to 2 plates and place chicken salad mix on top of greens.
  4. Sprinkle with Cilantro.
Have a great evening.

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla

2 comments:

  1. While I'm happy for you and your success, I'm having a very selfish feeling of also being thankful and happy you are going "a few more pounds". Sorry! I won't see you this week since we had crappy weather yesterday, but will see Lindsay Saturday. If I have a good weight loss with her like last time, we'll know for sure it's you. haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be sorry.. I like that you reply to my posts and let me know what is going on.

      I'm sure it's me ;) Good luck Sat, the pics will be entertaining for sure.

      Have a great week. ~Dusty

      Delete