Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 30 on phase 1 of Ideal Protein, Snow Day

Day 30 on phase 1 started off as a little bit of a whirlwind or a snowstorm, whatever you wanna call it?  I live way out on the west side of town, the rest of the girls in the office live in every different direction.  Fairfax, Marion, North Liberty and Ely.  I knew with my new Traverse I would have no problem getting into work.  I did not want the clients or my coworkers to risk it coming into Innovative Aesthetics.  I told them if they felt they could make it to come in, if not I completely understood.  Hanna and I were the 2 brave ones that made it in.  I know if I would have asked the other girls to come in, they would have done it.  It has been a busy month and some time off doesn't hurt. Also, some of the girls have little ones and I remember when my boys were little and having a snow day meant making some cookies, playing in the snow and a nap.  My boys are older now and they were going snowboarding and were not wanting to play in the snow with mom. 
 
When I got to work, Hanna made me a cup of coffee and I drank a quick premade chocolate drink.  I had clients ready to jump on the scale.  The morning went quick and alot of clients had called and cancelled due to the weather.  Around noon I got a call from the medical side of the office and they ordered Pizza :(  I thought for a second that I deserved a piece for driving in and risking my life.  But, I resisted!  I don't remember pizza smelling so good?  I had some left over lettuce in the fridge with a packet of Walden Farms Italian dressing. I also had a warm Cappuccino Ideal Protein drink.  We ended up closing at 12, but I stayed for a couple of hours and replied to emails, stocked and did some paperwork that had been calling my name for a couple of days.  It was nice to catch up.

Around 3 I got done and I called Robert to tell him I was going to drive down to Coral ridge.  I am going to see Lady Gaga in St Louis on Sat and I need some accessories from Forever 21 and Wet Seal.  He said that was an awful idea :(  So, I went to Lindale :) I found a blond wig and some Lady Gaga glasses for the concert.  When I got home I shoveled for a hour or so? Supposedly (google says) you burn 450 calories shoveling snow for an hour, if so, that is great!   

The next week and a half is going to be very busy with me being out of town, basketball and baseball practices and work.  It is Robert's Birthday on Feb 7 and today is the only free night we have TOGETHER without the boys and I wanted to take him out.  He got home from Cedar Falls around 5:30 and he was not in the mood to go out again after driving in the nasty weather.  Instead I made him a nice dinner.  Sirloin steaks, Au gratin potatoes, deviled eggs and a side salad.  He didn't know the deviled eggs were made with Walden Farms Mayo, shhhhh.  I also mixed in a little jalapeno juice in with the mustard and mayo. I topped each deviled egg with a tiny piece of turkey bacon and a sliver of jalapeno. THEY WERE AWESOME!!!   I made myself steak, Mashed Potatoes (cauliflower) I mixed in Ideal Protein Potato puree and 1 Tbsp of Blue Cheese dry mix and I had 2 deviled eggs as well.  The blue cheese mix is near the dressings at the Johnson Ave Hy Vee.  It only has 5 calories and less than 1 carb.  There are 5 different flavors and it made the cauliflower taste great.  

There are only 40 days to Spring and that means Summer will be here before you know it!  If every Summer you dread putting on a swimsuit or shorts, do something NOW to change it.  I ordered a swimsuit today from Venus http://www.venus.com/swimwear.aspx When I get my suit in I am going to hang it on the back of  my bathroom door as a constant reminder.  I want to go to the pool, beach, water park with my kids without feeling self conscious.

Today was not a typical day, but it was good.  I am still feeling good and I am getting REALLY excited for the weekend:)

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla









2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your Lady Gaga picts! Have a great time, Dusty! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina :) Sorry I missed you tonight. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete