Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 27 on phase 1 complete!

Day 27 on phase 1 complete. I started my day with cup of coffee with a packet of french vanilla  splenda.  When I woke up I wanted to go to the gym, but the Y doesn't open until 12 and I had plans today.  I decided to do one of my Yoga videos.  It was not the best workout, Noah and Riley were laughing and trying to do the video with me.  They both were laughing so hard, it was difficult for me to concentrate. I did the best I could for 45 minutes. After my workout I had a Peach Mango Ideal Protein drink, a favorite of mine. 

Austin was away at a retreat for school called Kiaros for the past 4 days.  The parents were suppose to meet the kids at the school for a surprise when they got back.  Each child had a chance to say what the retreat meant to them.  Austin is an amazing young man,  as a mom I could not hold back my tears when he got up in front of all the parents and spoke.  I am very proud of the young man that Austin has become.  He makes me very happy and proud everyday.  I couldn't ask for a more respectable, kind, happy young man.  Austin's dad, step mom, grandma and grandpa and I were all there to welcome him back. In front of all the parents Audi thanked all of us for our sacrifices we have made for him and that he loved us all and he doesn't tell us enough.  One thing that Austin always does even if he is mad at me is gives me a hug goodbye and tells me he loves me.  I am thankful of that. This weekend away was a blessing for all of us.

After we left Xavier, we met Robert, Noah and Riley to watch the Iowa Hawks Basketball game http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/iowa-m-baskbl-sched.html  Our boys all love the Hawks and Hot wings.  We found a place that had all you can eat wings for 6.00$ Cedar River Landing, Every Sunday from 3-8pm.  I think the boys had a total of about 80 wings, I'm not kidding.  I had a Starbucks coffee and a peanut butter bar, I was content even though the Hawks lost :(  

When I got home I was in the mood for pizza again.  I had all the ingredients and the Cauliflower pizza is so easy to make.  If you look at day 15 on phase 1 the Cauliflower pizza recipe is on there.  IT IS AMAZING!!! Tonight I had turkey pepperoni, fresh mushrooms, zucchini, jalapenos, and a can of drained rotel.   I had 3 small pieces and it was delicious.

After dinner I was in the mood for something sweet.  I made the vanilla pudding as directed, but i made it with boiling water. Then I made a cup of decaf vanilla chai tea.  I mixed the 2 together for a thick, warm, sweet treat.  Just sweet enough to reduce my craving. 

The weekend is over and Lindsay and I have another busy week ahead of us.  

I had a wonderful weekend with my boys.  I love having family time and I don't take 1 second for granted.  I know that these years of my boys being young, laughing out loud, silly, messy and full of gas are numbered.   Everyday I am so thankful and blessed for Robert, Austin, Noah and Riley.  We have fun and we love each other, I couldn't ask for a better life. Thanks to Ideal Protein, I feel good and my clothes are getting big, this is just a bonus for me. I hope you all had a great weekend and had some time to spend with the ones you love.

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla






Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Serves 2; Adapted from Your Lighter Side.

Ingredients:
1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
... 1 cup shredded mozzarella veggie cheese or half a cup Parm chs
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp garlic salt
olive oil (optional)
pizza sauce, shredded cheese and your choice of toppings*
Directions:
To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.
One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.
Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).
Enjoy!

*Note that toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment