Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 26 on phase 1 complete

Day 26 on phase 1 of Ideal Protein complete. Robert made pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns and scrambled eggs for the boys. He made me a Ideal Protein Herb and cheese omelet with mushrooms, asparagus, jalapenos and topped it with a little veggie cheese and salsa. He also made me a cup of vanilla chai tea with a dollop of Walden Farms Marshmallow cream on top. Robert loves making Sat and Sunday morning breakfast, he likes the kitchen all to himself, he says it is his alone time. The pancakes were a little tempting, the peanut butter on top of the pancake was very tempting. When we were kids my grandma Ackley would mix clear Karo syrup and peanut butter together and we would poor it on our pancakes. It was the best!!!

After breakfast we all went to the YMCA for a game of family basketball. Like I said, I don't like to lose. The teams were Me, Noah, and Riley's buddy Tavian vs. Robert and Riley. We played for over an hour.  It was great family time and I got in a little workout.  When I got home I wanted to see approximately how many calories I burned.  I came across the Calorie Counter app. http://caloriecount.about.com/  Supposidly I burned close to 500 calories, I would be happy with half.  The app was interesting, it has food comparisons.  Sometimes when I am working out and the elipticall says I have only burned 200 calories, I think of a cake ball that has about 300 calories :( Boo!

I was feeling brave today so I took all the boys, including Robert with to run Satuarday errands. We all ventured out to Wal Mart, Sam's, Thiesens and Aldi's for groceries and things for the house. I mixed up a Ideal Protein Pink Lemonade and put it in my Camelbak. I drank that while we ran errands. There were some temptations at Sam's, all the samples were a few of my favorite things. Pizza, pie, fries, fruit and yogurt were a few of the samples out today. At Thiesen's the boys had to have popcorn, that was tempting too.  After shopping I was starving! We made a quick stop at Blimpie, I had a veggie salad with oil and vinegar.

While we were out and about we stopped to visit with one of Robert's friends, pretty Rick and they had Cupcakes at the shop. Not just any cupcake, French toast flavored cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and pieces of maple bacon sprinkled on top. Robert said it was the most amazing cupcake he has had in his entire life, of course it was! I resisted.

When we got home I was chilled and wanted something warm. I had a cup of hot cocoa (Ideal Protein Chocolate drink) The chocolate drink is always a treat. You can't go wrong with chocolate.

Robert wanted to make us all a nice dinner. We had Sirloin steak topped with sauteed mushrooms, asparagus wrapped in bacon, zucchini and a side salad. It was very filling.

Another day down. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla






No comments:

Post a Comment