Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 24 on phase 1 of Ideal Protein!

Today is day 24 on phase 1 of Ideal Protein.  First things first, check to make sure I'm in ketosis.  I was a little worried.  I had more coffee yesterday than normal and I have heard that can bump you out of ketosis.  I was safe, still burning fat!  Perfect :) I woke up really thirsty, that was probably due to the excess coffee I drank yesterday.  I began my day with an Ideal Protein Pink Lemonade,  I made it last night and the protein was settled by this morning.  I added the 8oz of Lemonade and extra water to my 32oz camelbak.  I drank this throughout the morning at work.

Lindsay and I had a very busy, but productive day.  Lots of new clients.  Before I knew it, It was 1pm and time for lunch.  I decided today that I wanted to eat my dinner protein for lunch.  I brought 2 baggies of tuna. I don't like the cans the juice grosses me out :( I mixed it with Walden Farms Chipolte Mayo, dill relish and a hard boiled egg.  Sounds kind of weird but it was good.  I sliced cucumbers and scooped a small spoonful on each slice of cucumber.  I also had a side salad with tomato, green pepper and radishes.  To top it off I had a claussen pickle wrapped in a piece of deli ham.  I was obviously hungry, geez.  

Around 5 I was craving something sweet.  I opened a pack of Ideal Protein Chocolate soy puffs and a packet of Ideal Protein Peanut Butter soy puffs.  I mixed them together and separated them into 2 containers.  One for today and one for tomorrow.  When you mix the 2 together, they taste like a reeses.  Just what I needed to get me through til 7 when I get off work. 

When I got home, Robert was making Spicy Sausage Jambalaya.  I had already had protein today and I was not that hungry.  Robert was venting about his day.  We both are very fortunate to love our jobs, unfortunately there are still stressful, not so perfect days.  I listened and let him speak his mind.  I told him about an article that I had recently read about naturally relieving stress and suggested maybe he should read it? http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/01/27/10-ways-to-relieve-stress-naturally/ I thought it was a good idea?!?  He wanted to stick to what he knew.  A tall boy Busch Light seemed to calm him just fine.

I always have plenty of cauliflower and mushrooms in the fridge.  I made a different version of  mashed potatoes tonight for dinner.
Mashed Potatoes:
1 head of Cauliflower, cleaned and chopped into small pieces
5 Fresh Mushrooms, cleaned and chopped into small pieces
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp chives
Salt a pinch and alot of pepper
1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken broth
1 tsp Bacon Bits
1 Packet of Ideal Protein Potato Puree

Mix all ingredients together EXCEPT IP Potato puree  Simmer on low heat until the cauliflower is tender. Slowly mix in the packet of puree.   You don't want to heat up the IP products to much, they sometimes get clumpy.

I had a big bowl, It tasted like a loaded baked potato

The diet is getting easier.  The past 24 days have gone so fast.  I think about how unhappy I would have been with the excess weight still hanging on from the Holidays. I'm happy I made the decision to live a healthier 2013. 

If you have not started, it's never to late to start a new day.

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla







3 comments:

  1. Sounds great Dusty! Do you use fresh mushrooms or canned? I would imagine fresh, but what kind? Portabella, cap, etc? I'm a mushroom fanatic, though I don't like the taste of a fresh, raw mushroom. It must be cooked. The only "raw", room-temp mushroom I like is out of a can, which I'm sure is not the healthier option. Let me know when you have time. Thanks! (I smiled at Robert's stress reliever.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, I used fresh mushrooms, I'm not sure exactly what kind they were. Sorry. I got them at Aldi's and they were the only fresh ones there if that helps? Yes, fresh is better. I used canned alot in the past and I am trying to get away from that. There is alot of extra's in canned food. If you sautee the mushrooms first with a tsp of olive oil and some seasoning, you won't be able to tell the difference. Let me know what you think of the recipe. It would be a great lunch as well, very filling. See you soon and keep up the good work! ~Dusty

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Dusty. I'll try that. :)

    ReplyDelete