Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 23 on phase 1 complete

Day 23 on phase 1 complete.  My morning started with a Pineapple Banana Ideal Protein drink, I mixed in a couple of Pineapple Coconut Dasani Drops. I added some extra water to fill me up.  I also had a new flavored coffee, Snicker doodle.  It was not as good as the cookie, but I got a little bit of the flavor I was looking for.  While in New Bo district yesterday I stopped at New Bo Books.  Such a cute, quaint bookstore. I am on the hunt for 2 books and I have recently enjoyed the variety of bookstores in Cedar Rapids.  A couple of them I have been to are Mystery Cat Books http://www.themysterycatbooks.com/books.html  , Half Price Books  http://www.hpb.com/086.html and of course Barnes and Noble.  There is nothing better than curling up on the couch with a heated blanket, cup of tea and a good actual book.  

I'm on day 23 and I have read in a couple different books and in a few articles that a habit is formed in 21 days. I think I have formed a habit with the Ideal Protein Program. If not a habit, I'm definitely in a routine.  It's day 23 and I feel like the program is second nature.  I don't have to remind myself of why not to cheat. I just don't and I don't think about it long. I'm also at the point where I know if I cheat or have a B.L.T (bite, lick or taste) That will only postpone my goal weight. I read an article today about how long it takes to form a habit, kind of interesting. http://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/hbrc/2012/06/29/busting-the-21-days-habit-formation-myth/ 
Typical day:  
-120 oz plain water throughout the day
-I drink only 1 cup of coffee in the morning, 1 enzyme
-1 non restricted IP for breakfast, supplements
-lunch consisting of another non restricted IP and 2 cups of veggies and maybe a salad, 2 Cal mag
-1 cup of vanilla decaf chai tea in the afternoon, 2 enzymes
-1 restricted IP usually in the afternoon, sweet treat :)
-8oz of protein for dinner with 2 cups of veggies and maybe a salad, supplements and final enzyme
-Recap my day and write my blog.

Lunch was a green pepper sliced and dipped in Walden Farms French Onion Dip.  Non one of my favorites but I added minced onion and some Mrs Dash tomato basil for extra flavor.  I also had a cup of Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal topped with a little cinnamon.  I know some of you are leery of trying the cereal, you add water, not milk. Yes, kind of weird, but it really is not that bad. I was also in the mood for something different.

At 3pm Noah, my 11 year old son had school conferences. I ate a Lemon Poppy seed Ideal Protein bar on the way over to school. I already knew how Noah was doing and his teacher agreed that he is a hard worker and likes to be right.  Noah brought home his report card and hung it on the fridge a week ago.  He likes to point out to his older brother Austin (17) that he is getting a 4.0 whenever possible.  I have mentioned before that my 2 boys are VERY opposite.  Noah studies, studies, studies and does not like to be wrong and is very competitive.  Austin likes to have fun, smile, laughs often and is a big jokster.  He is doing well in school, but as Noah would tell you, Austin is not getting a 4.0.  Austin is always playing jokes on my husband, they are like 2 little kids.  Just last night, Robert was bringing in the garbage cans and Austin thought it would be hilarious to dress up in his black gorilla suit and run out from behind the garage.  I heard Robert scream like a girl.  We all had a good laugh, Robert will get Austin back...

My evening ended with a staff meeting.  We covered multiple topics and I'm excited about some of the changes we have in place.  Dr Rexroth bought us all Deb's Deli Salad's for dinner, my favorite!  Deb's is located downtown and she makes the salad with no carrots and no cheese for me.  I used a packet of Walden Farms Bacon Ranch and drank my final 32 oz of water to make 128oz for the day.

I am loving the habit I have formed on the diet.  I feel good and I knew it was going to get easier.  My first couple of days were kind of a struggle, but I feel better now! Thanks to my silly boys for keeping me laughing & smiling throughout the diet:)

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla





No comments:

Post a Comment