Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 22 on Phase 1 complete. 3rd weigh in!!!

Day 22 on Phase 1 of Ideal Protein complete! I had my third weigh in today and I was very happy. Today I was down 4 more pounds, BMI:23.7, Fat:26.9% (started at 30.9) I feel great!!! My total in three weeks 13.5 pounds lost. Of course I would like to be down more, but I am satisfied.  I started the morning with a Peach Mango Ideal Protein drink.  This is one of my favorite go to drinks.  I never get sick of it.

The morning went very well, I was in a great mood since I had a successful weigh in.  This week I had extra protein on my workout days and I didn't over do it!  I also really pushed my water consumption.  There are so many benefits to drinking water!  Take a look at the attached link! The first benefit listed is it helps with weight loss. http://www.mangosteen-natural-remedies.com/benefits-of-drinking-water.html Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories.

For lunch, I had a premade Strawberry Banana drink.  I had to run some errands and this was convenient.  I also had a salad with a ton of veggies and oil/vinegar for the dressing.  Tuesday's are my afternoon off.  It is very cold outside and I hate to waste a afternoon in the house.  I bundled up and made my way down to the NewBo City Market area.  I started over at Brewed Awakenings, they have wonderful coffee and tea.  Stay away from the desert counter when you walk in the door.  In the future I will have to enjoy a piece of cheesecake on my cheat day. I will wait for now.  After I got my coffee, I walked over to the Cherry Building.  There are over 30 businesses located within the historic building.  Not all of the businesses were open, but I was on a mission to get some tea tree oil for my yoga mat.  I climbed the stairs and stopped at Illuminations Healing Arts Center http://www.illuminationshealingarts.com/Home.php  They offer lots of different classes, yoga, self healing and much more.  They also sell essential oils.  You should take a look at the website.  There are a wide variety of classes.  Some, I have never heard of, but look interesting. 

Noah had basketball and then I went to workout. I had a very intense workout tonight!  More than I have done since being on the diet this time.  If you have an appointment with me tomorrow or Thursday and I'm walking funny, you know why!  The workout was 4 hours ago and my legs and abs are still weak and trembling.  After my workout I had another premade drink and a Carmel nut protein bar.  My muscles were screaming for some protein!  

When I got home I had a huge glass of water and took my supplements.  I was still hungry and looking forward to the Rump roast I started in the crockpot this morning before work.  It looked and smelled amazing.  I added some cabbage, green beans, mushrooms and broccoli.  I made my boys baked potatoes as well. Dinner was a hit, I was full and my body is already sore. 

I have been reading alot about a detox bath with Epsom salt.  I followed the attached link, but could only stay in the tub for 10 minutes. *****MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS HOME WITH YOU! ALSO HYDRATE THROUGHOUT THE DETOX BATH! *****http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Detox-Bath  I think I may have over done it on my workout tonight. I will see tomorrow. 

The diet is going well, I am in a routine and I feel good.  I no longer NEED carbs and sugars like I did when I started the program.  I tell all of my clients to just give it some time, the first week is the hardest.  This time around It was just as hard at the beginning.  The saying "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"  is very true.  I feel so good and the taste of a cake ball or chips & salsa can not compare to how good I feel with an extra few pounds off.  While making my boys potatoes tonight I picked up the 10 pound bag and thought to myself, I was carrying this around with me.  That was a eye opener for sure.  By the time I'm done with Phase 1 I will have 20 pounds off.

Thank you all for your continued support and for reading the blog.  Thank you also to the Amazing girls that I work with at Innovative Aesthetics. Thanks for your help with this busy month and for putting up with me! 

Have a wonderful evening and stay warm.

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla


“If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great.” ~Tom Hanks





1 comment:

  1. Will be anxious to hear about your detox bath and if it works! I've seen it around a lot on Pinterest as well and always wondered.

    ReplyDelete