Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 21 on phase 1 complete :)

Today is day 21, It is Monday and no matter how much I love my job, it's never easy getting out of bed.  Not only is it Monday, but it is -5* outside.  My bed is warm and comfy and my flannel pajamas have done a good job at keeping me warm.  Not attractive, but warm:) I start my morning with a warm cappuccino Ideal Protein drink and mix it with my coffee, add 1 tsp cinnamon.  When I get to work I usually have a funny story for Hanna and she usually has one for me.  I forgot that Hanna has the day off.  Abby was helping out at the desk today.  She does a great job, but I miss my Hanna:) We work VERY well together, she usually knows what I need before I have to ask.
Around 9:00 I ran back to the lounge to put my Veggie Chop Salad in the fridge and the girls in the medical office are enjoying bagels and donuts.  Ugh, I usually would take a cinnamon crunch bagel top and slather it with walnut cream cheese.  I ate a pickle and away I went.  It feels good to be able to resist temptation. I know once again, it would not be worth it. 3 Days to get back into ketosis if I cheat, even a little.   Fortunately, my little ity bity cheat on Sat did not take me out of ketosis.  I'm not going to test it again.  Not worth it, I have worked to hard.
The morning zips by and before I know it, it's 1:00 and time for lunch.  I warmed up a broccoli steamer and added it to Chicken Ala King Ideal Protein soup.  I also had some salad that I made this morning before work.  It is a chop salad, you can add any veggie you would like.  There is a little greek yogurt in it, so I will not have a restricted today.

After work I had to carpool, Noah had practice and I had bodyflow at 7:00.  I went to the gym around 6:30 to walk on the treadmill before class.  Like I said last week, bodyflow is my all time favorite class. If you have not tried it you should.  It's relaxing, yet a good workout. After my workout, I was freezing and I wanted something sweet and warm. I enjoyed a Chocolate drink with a dollop of Walden Farms Marshmallow cream while I made dinner.

My boys wanted chicken breast sandwiches with bacon, jalapenos and swiss cheese.  They also wanted Mac n Cheese. I was able to resist again, I didn't even lick the spoon to the mac n cheese:)

I wanted something that I knew I would really like.  I know I have been going on and on about the Cauliflower Pizza. Yesterday I talked to my cousin Mindy about it.  She tried it and loved it as much as I did.  I made it again tonight except I tried a bit of a gourmet pizza.  I made a BBQ chicken Pizza.  I made the crust the same as usual (Cauliflower)  Then I topped it with Thick and Spicy Walden Farms BBQ sauce, diced green peppers, diced onion, jalapenos and boiled chicken pieces. I only put about 1/2 a cup of veggie cheese on the pizza. There was already going to be enough flavor.  IT WAS AMAZING!!! It had a kick, which I like.  All the boys even liked it.  If you have not tried it the complete recipe is on Day 17 of Phase 1.

I weigh in again tomorrow and I am feeling good.  I am not hungry on the diet anymore, I have tons of extra energy, my back doesn't hurt at all and I can tell my clothes are getting loose. Life is good.

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla

Stay warm out there:)


Garden Chop Salad:
2 Large Tomatoes
4 Large Cucumbers
1/2 Cup Red Onion
3 Cups Broccoli
3 Cups Cauliflower
Chop into small pieces and put in bowl
In a separate bowl combine
2Tsp Sweet Basil
2Tsp Oregano
1\2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1\2 Cup Walden Farms Mayo (any flavor)
4Packets of Splenda
1\4 Cup White Vinegar
2Tbsp Water
Stir and add to veggies
Salt and Pepper to taste!


2 comments:

  1. Is there a particular pizza sauce you use for the cauliflower crust pizza? Also, you've mentioned salsa before. I've never had it on Phase 1 because I always thought salsa had sugar in it. I will have to remember to ask you these questions tomorrow. Maybe I'll just make a note in my journal. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina,
    Last week when I made the pizza I sliced roma tomatoes and layed them out on top of the crust with some extra seasoning, them added the other veggies. Last night when I made it, I used the Walden Farms Thick and Spicy BBQ sauce. I have used fresh Pico de Gallo in the past. You can find that in the produce section at Hy Vee or make your own. Have a good night. See you soon:) ~Dusty

    ReplyDelete