Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 19 on phase 1 complete...

Day 19 on phase 1 of Ideal Protein was overall a hit! I started with a dark roast grande from Starbucks with 1 Splenda. Then I went into work, not to work, but for a hot stone massage from Wendy. http://www.livestrong.com/article/152457-benefits-of-aromatherapy-massage/   I had a busy week with very little downtime and needed some stress relief. Wendy and I talked for a bit and then she told me to just relax, so I turned off the work vibes and drifted off to never never land. If you have not had a hot stone massage before, I highly recommend it!!!

I left Innovative with a sense of relief. It was almost 50* outside and it is suppose to be 5* tomorrow so I had to go for a 30 minute jog, I felt great! After my jog I drank a Strawberry Banana Ideal Protein premade drink and ran some errands. While I was out and about my dad called and let me know that he was at a kick ball tournament (yes, really) with some fun family and he had my 2 nephews Timmy and Jay. I have not seen them in a couple weeks and I really wanted to give them both a big hug. I stopped for a quick visit. It is a indescribable feeling to get a bear hug from a 5 and 7 year old and to be told that they miss you. I'm not the most sensitive person, but those 2 boys bring a tear to my eyes.

When I got done running errands, I got home around 2:30 and I had nothing to eat, of course, I was starving!!! I sauteed some mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, broccoli and green peppers (3 cups) and mixed in a Ideal Protein Herb Omelet. This was just what I needed to fill me up.

I got ready for date night with Robert. After I was ready, we made a quick stop at Matt and Elon's, we had to drop off Elon's late Birthday present :) I always get a kick out of Robert and Matt(Robert's brother) giving each other a hard time. They are 2 peas in a pod! Both are hardworking, bullheaded, loving and true to their word. Matt is a wonderful Brother n law, he would do anything for me, Robert and our boys.

Robert and I drove down to Iowa City for the Hawkeye vs Wisconsin Basketball game. We had a great time, during the game I had a peanut butter bar. Not the ice cream or the popcorn I wanted, but I was satisfied. HAWKS WoN!!! :D

After the game we met up with my dad back in Cedar Rapids, he was with some friends at The Butcher Block. http://www.butcherblocksteakhousecr.com/about-us/If you have not been there, you should try it out! The food is AMAZING!!! I had a steak salad with oil and vinegar as the dressing. I also ran into my Aunt Gail:)

 ***Tonight I had my first cheat :( and yes I feel guilty. I'm being honest because I feel I have to be. I had a tall Ruby Red Absolute and water with a lemon. UGH, I confess! & it did not even taste good! I talked with Robert about this (a few times) and he thought it would be best to be completely honest...***

I'm ending my day with my blog and hoping that all of my clients are sticking to the program. Tomorrow is a new day, move on and start new if needed.

We have Brodie's 1st Birthday Party tomorrow and I can't wait to see that little boy :)  Lindsay warned me that there is not going to be anything healthy there. I will go prepared, I might bring a veggie tray:)

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla

“Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.”
Voltaire


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your honesty. You are only human, Dusty. :)

    ReplyDelete