Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 18 finished on Phase 1:) TGIF!!!

TGIF!!! I am so happy it is Friday:) I woke up in a wonderful mood. The weather's suppose to be nice (50*) The sun is shining, my coffee is ready and I am looking forward to spending some alone time with my husband. For breakfast I had a 1/2 IP banana pudding and 1/2 vanilla IP pudding with 10 ounces of water and crushed ice. It tastes like the filling to banana cream pie. Since there is no fruit on the Ideal Protein program I like to substitute with the banana pudding. You can also mix the banana pudding with chocolate drink mix for a different kind of smoothie.
The morning went quick and everyone was in a great mood. Over my lunch I had to run some errands so I took some chopped celery with me in the car and snacked on that. I stopped at Casey's for gas and I grabbed a vegetarian salad with oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. I'm not sure why, but when someone else makes my salad it tastes so much better.
When I got back to the office I needed a little kick so I made a Chai tea bag in the Keurig machine. While that was brewing, I made a IP vanilla drink mix. I drank about 5 of the 8oz and warmed up the remaining and added it to my chai tea. It was warm and sweet, it also had the caffine boost I needed to finish the day.
After work I went to the YMCA for a walk on the treadmill for a half an hour. Robert was running Riley to basketball practice. Robert is an amazing father and even on the weekends Riley is at his mother's Robert takes him to every practice and stays and watches. They love to spend time together:) They are best buddies!

When I got home I was not sure what I was in the mood for??? Lasagna, Fajitas, Chips and Salsa, a cheeseburger??? I wish, not quite yet, soon enough.

I had 2 portabella mushrooms in the fridge, jalapenos, veggie cheese and lean ground turkey. I decided to make a burger with the portabella mushroom as the BUN. I looked on pinterest for a recipe and I found one that had bacon as well. Yumm, this sounded great. http://budgetpaleo.blogspot.com/2012/06/grilled-paleo-jalapeno-bacon-burger-on.html?spref=fb There are a few ingredients on the burger you have to omit. I used turkey bacon and Walden Farms Thick and Spicy BBQ sauce. I also made Rhutabaga chips, they are kind of different. But, better than nothing.

Rutabaga Chips For one serving:

1-2 small rutabagas, sliced paper thin
2 tbsp. garlic olive oil
sprinkle of black pepper and all natural Mediterranean spices and sea salt


Toss the chips with the olive oil, pepper and any other spices of your choice. Lay the chips in a single layer on a baking sheet.


Bake for 5-6 minutes @ 450*. Turn over and bake for another 4-5 minutes, keeping an eye on them to make sure you don't burn them.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve with Walden Farms Bacon ranch dressing, if desired.


I also had some sliced cucumbers with the bacon ranch dressing too.

After dinner, Robert and I sat down to watch a movie and I was wanting something sweet. Earlier this week I made some Ideal Protein Vanilla pudding and left it in the freezer for when I had a craving for ice cream.
I purchased some Frozen unsweetened Rhubarb in the frozen section at the Johnson Avenue Hy Vee and I love to make Stewed Rhubarb and mix it with vanilla ice cream.

Stewed Rhubarb:


Ingredients
1 bunch rhubarb or frozen rhubarb
¼ cup water
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar Splenda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
Method
Thoroughly wash and chop the rhubarb into pieces approx 2 cm long.
Place in a pan with the water, Brown Sugar Splenda and cinnamon.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and gently simmer for 10 - 15minutes.

Poor warm rhubarb over frozen Vanilla Ideal Protein Pudding :)

The diet is going great and I'm feeling good. My weekend is going to be busy and I'm excited to spend some time with my husband and celebrate Brodie's 1st Birthday with the family on Sunday.

Have a wonderful weekend and stay on track:)

Until tomorrow, Dusty Marie Swehla


"When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment!" -Jillian Michaels


1 comment: