Friday, August 11, 2017

My Ideal Protein Story
 
 
I first started the Ideal Protein protocol in December of 2014. People thought I was crazy to start such a restricted plan right before the holidays, but I was mentally ready.  My clothes weren't fitting.  I wasn't comfortable in my skin.  One day, I was out shopping and I saw myself in a window.  I had to stop and do a double take. I thought, "That's me?!?" My husband was skeptical because I had tried many "diets" in the past, but I needed to do this for me.  

My eating habits before Ideal Protein were TERRIBLE. I was an equal opportunity carb-eater.  I loved all carbs, sweet, salty, it did't matter what it was.  I remember during my senior year in high school, I would have a Mountain Dew and a pack of Suzy Q's every morning during study hall.  If I was still hungry after that, I would eat a bag of doritos (not Dorados! :)  ). 

My first few days on plan were rough.  I had a horrible headache and felt sick to my stomach.  I wasn't much of a caffeine drinker, so my headache was sugar detox!  Dusty had warned me that this could happen, and since she told me that it would be temporary, I was able to push through.  By 2pm on day 4 I was feeling great!  I lost 7.2 pounds my first week.  So exciting!!  I got through Christmas, New Years Eve, and Super bowl party with no cheats! I reached my goal weight in March.  I was very proud of myself and felt so much better!  My clothes were fitting again, and my confidence was back!

I have been able to maintain since March of 2015.  I have had some struggles.  My weight has gone up a few times, but it's nice to know that I can go back to Phase 1 when I need to take a few pounds off.  I do phase one every few months for a week or 2 so that I can cleanse.  I am also much more careful about what I eat, because I know that if I go back to my old habits, I will not be able to maintain my healthy weight. 

Amy Carey
Ideal Protein Consultant
Innovative Aesthetics

No comments:

Post a Comment